Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Safety at our courts

I learnt a nice term a few years back in the context of airport security that is obviously equally applicable in the courts:

"Security Theatrics"

Loose definition is that which is designed to provide an illusion of safety to those people that are unable to think for themselves.

My uncle is in a private hospital. Two weekends ago i went to visit him with my two kids. As you walk into the hospital there is a huge sticker on the sliding door, no weapons. I have just travelled 400km, have no safe in my car…i keep on walking. Security calls me, which patient am I visiting? He has a list to check, he also has a scanning device on the table and suddenly gets all fucking excited! I can’t come in with that he says. I ask for a safe to lock it up. Nope can’t help. I say its illegal to leave it in my car. Ok he says, carry on. WTF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    There are rumors about that this particular attorney has several "friends" (if you know what I mean) in the precinct, as well as some of the guards in the court.
    And the friends are probably on the payroll of a towing company in the area (not that the company is the only entity in the area doing things...). Political interference also, and not just from the usual suspects. I followed up on a case involving a councillor in my area and feedback about it from SAPS didn't add up.
    As to that court - failure to grant warrants where certain people are involved (in one case ordering confiscated dagga plants be returned, WTF). Granting of bail for a ridiculously low amount for someone out on parole arrested on new charges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2