Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Article: "South Africa's deadly love affair with guns"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Under the circumstances (BBC) we're very happy. Notice that except for Adelle everyone was on our side.

The reporter will be attending the next GOSA Girls On Fire training day in May.
    That's great news. It was the most rational and balanced article on the subject that I have seen for a long time and the flaky race baiting part of it was clearly attributed to the delightful Ms Kirsten rather than being stated as an opinion by the journo. R5 bucks says she will have so much fun at the GOF event that she'll face a disciplinary hearing for being a far right activist when she's back in the BBC hive.

User

When we were interviewed (it took days... they were very thorough) we primed them specifically for the GFSA "all illegal guns were once legal. Legal gunowners are the source of illegal guns" angle. Note how they pivoted directly to put the boot into SAPS and Col Chris Prinsloo.
    Great work team GOSA. I wouldn't have bet a buck on an article like that coming out let alone from the Beeb. The fact that it did is powerful medicine imo.

User

As much as they are trying to bring evil white men into the phrase I cannot see the article as being anything but positive.
    They state the fact that woman and parents are trying to take control of their personal security and that of their families. They state that private firearm ownership comes with responsible training and competence, they state that the police are to blame for it, they state that it’s gotten much worse under the term of the anc.

The reporter is not in a position to write someone openly good about firearms but the evidence is quite clear for anybody to read. You cannot state how bad things are and that people are doing what they must to deal with it and turn around saying it’s best to die and not act, so they did not(cant) say that. People are in need of protection and they take it upon themselves to provide it.

Sometimes despite whatever bias a person holds the evidence in front of you is all that is needed to dispel their bias.
    SA’s “deadly love affair” with guns is just a bait click, but when you present facts often you find unintended consequences which counters your narrative.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Great work team GOSA. I wouldn't have bet a buck on an article like that coming out let alone from the Beeb. The fact that it did is powerful medicine imo.
    Dude. I am on a US-based small group of Land-Rover owners (I think there are about 20 of us on the old-style mailing list). This came at me this morning...

The reach of the Beeb is incredible.Screenshot 2024-03-25 112648.png
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Dude. I am on a US-based small group of Land-Rover owners (I think there are about 20 of us on the old-style mailing list). This came at me this morning...

Fantastic!

Splendid

sleep when you're dead

User

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    BBC wrote this same story about Texas a few years back. Just replace South Africa with Texas.
    I never even knew what the anc had a majority in texas nevermind that they are at risk of losing it.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

This on top of French TV, and China International TV, Canadian TV and Indian TV. Using GOF to lead the charge is beyond reproach.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

This on top of French TV, and China International TV, Canadian TV and Indian TV. Using GOF to lead the charge is beyond reproach.
    If you could secure the services of a non-binary gimp as GOSA spokesthing no-one would be able to write a negative word.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3