Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Matambu

User

Default John Matambu

To be honest, surprised there hasn't been a thread yet on the events and subsequent missing persons of John Matambu out of Sodwana

Personally I hope they put literal screws into that SOB suspect until he gives the family some closure

Real fked up world when you need to be armed on a fishing charter.

Default Re: John Matambu

Damn, just heard about this now. Very sad.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

I can't imagine not being armed on a fishing charter or many other places to be honest.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I can't imagine not being armed on a fishing charter or many other places to be honest.
    Small town complacency
    I can understand it 100%

Cape vidal asks you to declare on arrival for example (state park), Afrikaans ranger told us don't declare, just don't be stupid.

User

I understand why other people may elect to go unarmed I'm just not one of them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    To be honest, surprised there hasn't been a thread yet on the events and subsequent missing persons of John Matambu out of Sodwana

Personally I hope they put literal screws into that SOB suspect until he gives the family some closure

Real fked up world when you need to be armed on a fishing charter.
    I dont think that John being armed would have helped at all, he was the skipper, only 2 of them on the boat. Bloke smacked him on the head from behind. 2 hands occupied with controls and kill switch latched to one wrist, shitty situation.

And he was killed for no real reason, just senseless.

User

Matambu was a friend of mine, i am following the story closely . I fish out of Sodwana often .
    The efforts made by several people to locate John as well as the low life who hijacked him has been AMAZING , from flying their own aircrafts and searching for him to funding various response units .

this story is terrible .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
    Matambu was a friend of mine, i am following the story closely . I fish out of Sodwana often .
    The efforts made by several people to locate John as well as the low life who hijacked him has been AMAZING , from flying their own aircrafts and searching for him to funding various response units .

this story is terrible .
    I'm sorry for your loss and my condolences to his family. My comments re being armed were in no way meant as a judgement of the gent. No one should need to be armed ever. I hope the sack of shit who did it dies a horrible death sooner rather than later.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    I dont think that John being armed would have helped at all, he was the skipper, only 2 of them on the boat. Bloke smacked him on the head from behind. 2 hands occupied with controls and kill switch latched to one wrist, shitty situation.

And he was killed for no real reason, just senseless.
    Was this part of a confession obtained?
    Hadn't heard anything since the guy was arrested.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Small town complacency
    I can understand it 100%

Cape vidal asks you to declare on arrival for example (state park), Afrikaans ranger told us don't declare, just don't be stupid.
    Unfortunately the only launch sites are in parks, so it's often not a choice to go unarmed.
    I imagine doing it as a business you wouldn't want to get caught and be barred.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast