Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Glock 19 vs Beretta Apx Centurion vs Canik Tp9 Sc

Have shot any of these guns? If you go to one of the stores with a indoor range you can borrow/rent different guns to try.
    My friend's Glock 17 blew up with factory ammo on the Saturday, by Monday afternoon after a trip to Jhb, it was fixed and all damaged parts replaced. Can that be done with the other options you have?

It's easy to say you'll buy more guns at a later stage but then you have to have DSS status and to het there takes time.

Happy hunting for your "perfect/favorite " gun. Enjoy

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Glock Old and Antique. They just dont innovate anymore. They are like 1911's.

Beretta APX. Contact Belva or Jizni get the TR1 upgrade Crocodile trigger kit and striker spring. Will still be less then a Glock and you will have an absolutely brilliant striker firearm.

Holsters is plenty for any firearm you would like. there is several people in SA who Custom make Leather or Kysex for you. So no reason to base decisions on what your dealer stocks.

And no issue to order online as even Amazon stock holsters.
    I can't think of anything that a 19 lacks in terms of whiz bang innovations that puts it at a disadvantage to any other striker pistol as a last ditch defensive weapon. What deficiencies do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I can't think of anything that a 19 lacks in terms of whiz bang innovations that puts it at a disadvantage to any other striker pistol as a last ditch defensive weapon. What deficiencies do you see?
    Glock has many attributes, it is a fantastic pistol but the grip is not a natural fit for many.Yes it can be learned with practice but few shooters practice enough.Modern guns are more inclined to point naturally.That said for a one and only it is hard to argue against.The ability to fix a blown up gun is something no other dealer will or can do.Shoot enough for long enough and it will happen eventually.I still keep a Glock but moved onto the PX4.It points better,is appreciably more accurate than my gen 4 and has less recoil with +p+ ammunition.

User

Thanks for the feedback, got DSS status because 1 rifle started to add over time, so am well aware same will probably happen with handgun☺️

How much time do you have?

Comes with polygon barrel non match grade. For match grade needs to be rifled. Top shooters will swap out barrel. Rifled barrels are far superior to impart twist onto bullet. Polygon only benefit is cheaper to produce and easy clean.
    Trigger is mushy and worst of all current striker firearms out there. Probably 1st thing new shooters will look at replacing. Or worked on.
    Sights terrible. Use to be plastic out of box. Think some now come with steel but this also goes fairly quick to better once.
    Grip angle on a Glock is terrible. Glock does not fit your Grip. You have to make your Grip fit the Glock. No other Manufacturer does this.
    Glock is seriously overpriced. They have truly become to rely on their name rather then what yoou get for your money.
    Between Gen's glock added rail in front. Then added finger grooves then again removed it. Thats not innovation.

Other makers have listened to shooters and made improvements internally. Gone with better designed triggers, sights and barrels.

The better your trigger. Handgun, Rifle or Shotgun the better your accuracy on target.

Biggest thing most reviewers will test is trigger pull and reset. Well Glock looses this test hands down on any other makers striker fires.

Glock is years behind.

Fine if you going to carry and leave in safe. But way behind other makers as a good shooter unless you spent alot to change out and get it there.

Beretta in SA is supported by Normark a huge importer and they have every single nut bolt and part for any Sako, Tikka and Beretta model you can think off.

CZ in Formalito. Same thing they have every single CZ part you want.

Both CZ and Beretta Upgrade parts if you want to supported by Jizni and Belva.

So the readily parts available for Glocks is getting old. Others like Beretta and CZ as easy to find.

Years ago about 10-15 Glock and CZ dominated in SA as they were well supported by 2 importers and people bought them as parts were supported. Those days long gone of having that monopoly Importers of the better brands stock parts plentiful.

But at the end of the day. Each of us has to spend his or her money the way he or she wants to. But on a Glock until they at least get closer to what other makers are delivering. No thanks for me.

User

I agree that the support provided by Normark for Beretta is much improved over the previous importer/distributor.

User

How much time do you have?

Comes with polygon barrel non match grade. For match grade needs to be rifled. Top shooters will swap out barrel. Rifled barrels are far superior to impart twist onto bullet. Polygon only benefit is cheaper to produce and easy clean.
    Trigger is mushy and worst of all current striker firearms out there. Probably 1st thing new shooters will look at replacing. Or worked on.
    Sights terrible. Use to be plastic out of box. Think some now come with steel but this also goes fairly quick to better once.
    Grip angle on a Glock is terrible. Glock does not fit your Grip. You have to make your Grip fit the Glock. No other Manufacturer does this.
    Glock is seriously overpriced. They have truly become to rely on their name rather then what yoou get for your money.
    Between Gen's glock added rail in front. Then added finger grooves then again removed it. Thats not innovation.

Other makers have listened to shooters and made improvements internally. Gone with better designed triggers, sights and barrels.

The better your trigger. Handgun, Rifle or Shotgun the better your accuracy on target.

Biggest thing most reviewers will test is trigger pull and reset. Well Glock looses this test hands down on any other makers striker fires.

Glock is years behind.

Fine if you going to carry and leave in safe. But way behind other makers as a good shooter unless you spent alot to change out and get it there.

Beretta in SA is supported by Normark a huge importer and they have every single nut bolt and part for any Sako, Tikka and Beretta model you can think off.

CZ in Formalito. Same thing they have every single CZ part you want.

Both CZ and Beretta Upgrade parts if you want to supported by Jizni and Belva.

So the readily parts available for Glocks is getting old. Others like Beretta and CZ as easy to find.

Years ago about 10-15 Glock and CZ dominated in SA as they were well supported by 2 importers and people bought them as parts were supported. Those days long gone of having that monopoly Importers of the better brands stock parts plentiful.

But at the end of the day. Each of us has to spend his or her money the way he or she wants to. But on a Glock until they at least get closer to what other makers are delivering. No thanks for me.
    None of the stuff you list there is what i would think of as an innovation much less a gun fight winning advantage in a defensive handgun. Most is personal preference type stuff and or things that aren't especially relevant to a fighting pistol. For the guy that has one defensive handgun and isn't a sport shooter I stick with my view that the benefits a glock brings ITO of ubiquity, generally available parts support and stellar track record in military, police and civilian use outweigh its disadvantages. I don't even own a Glock so no skin in this particular game but if my guns and gear were to disappear tomorrow and I needed to start from scratch with a carry pistol it would definitely be a 19

User

Ja, I've never understood this "pointability" criticism about Glocks. I only own S&W M&Ps, arguably some of the "most ergonomic" designs ever, with the "correct" grip angle, nogal. Regardless, whenever I have shot any one else's Glock (which includes the whole range of double stacks from 26 to 34, I've never experienced any issues wrt picking the gun up and shooting it. If you pick it up and line up the bumpy bits on top (which has never felt unnatural for me to do, angles and sight materials regardless) the shots just go where they're supposed to, without any fuss.

I do agree that new Glocks are expensive, but so too are other new guns. I also think that if Glock ever came out with a chassis-type system where frames could be interchanged, they'll sell like hot cakes. But then again, they sell like hot cakes anyway...

None of the stuff you list there is what i would think of as an innovation much less a gun fight winning advantage in a defensive handgun. Most is personal preference type stuff and or things that aren't especially relevant to a fighting pistol. For the guy that has one defensive handgun and isn't a sport shooter I stick with my view that the benefits a glock brings ITO of ubiquity, generally available parts support and stellar track record in military, police and civilian use outweigh its disadvantages. I don't even own a Glock so no skin in this particular game but if my guns and gear were to disappear tomorrow and I needed to start from scratch with a carry pistol it would definitely be a 19
    A cheap Norinco 213 can win a gunfight and safe your life.

But to each his own. Your money your choice where to put it. Glock just offers zero value for what they currently bring to the table. If a person is fine to live with that and pay for name above function and improvements. Then go for it.

User

A cheap Norinco 213 can win a gunfight and safe your life.
    That's not really comparing apples with apples but I guess you know that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast