Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Another case of play silly games.

The above mentioned place taught me how to look around. How many people look up and around when the walk into a building? Most/all shit come from somewhere. None of the ppe in the world will save you if a 100 to 300 ton ladle comes crashing down on your head.
    Have you ever seen builders wearing harnesses and fall arrest equipment while they are throwing and catching bricks?

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    There is this weird cultural thing that PPE makes you soft.
    Some, maybe the same, morons approach hearing and/or eye protection while shooting with the same attitude. Will never forget the fumduck I saw at Rooikraal with his approx 6 year old lighty shooting a rifle with a brake. Neither had ears on and the little guy was flinching on his old man's shots let alone his. When the kid complained about it the father kakked him out for being a moffie. They walk amongst us.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Well that didn’t work
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Like the people that walk underneath something being lifted by a crane.

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Like the people that walk underneath something being lifted by a crane.
    Yeah I'm in construction and seen plenty of that. Another common one is guys working under cars supported by only a jack. Somebody mentioned grinders - I've warned several guys I've seen grinding without eye pro - all of them without exception looked at me as if I were from another planet. I've given up remonstrating with people driving with a one year old on their laps - all I've ever got is a ton of abuse. It beats me that they care less about their children than I do. I've been forced to conclude in my old age that there's no cure for stupidity.

User

Or people on ranges without earpro or shooting at steel without eyepro...

Or spectators doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Yeah I'm in construction and seen plenty of that. Another common one is guys working under cars supported by only a jack. Somebody mentioned grinders - I've warned several guys I've seen grinding without eye pro - all of them without exception looked at me as if I were from another planet. I've given up remonstrating with people driving with a one year old on their laps - all I've ever got is a ton of abuse. It beats me that they care less about their children than I do. I've been forced to conclude in my old age that there's no cure for stupidity.
    Seen a cable slip and give way several times,impressive.A friend years ago had to pick up someones baby after it went through the windscreen.

User

Rules are for everyone, except me!

Then I complain when I need to pay the cost, as I am right and everybody is wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3