Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Zastava .375 H&H.

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    It was done by Ken and Chad Gillie from Arms CC
    Thanks.

User

TStone, do you have a link to a manual or something that explains how to adjust the trigger?
    I have a LH one in 9.3x62 that could do with some lightening.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shark_za View Post
    I had mine adjusted by a gunsmith, but yes, that seems right. I downloaded the same link.
    I stripped the threads on the rear receiver bridge while fitting scope mounts, so it had to go to a gunsmith anyway. Don't torque the scope base screws to 25 inch/pounds .
    Last edited by TStone; 03-05-2024 at 19:42.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

TStone, this rifle will serve you well. My oldest and most used and go to rifle is a Zastava in 30-06. Those with the black plastic stocks. I had a fibre glass stock made by the gents in Potch last year as the plastic one worked loose at the screws after thousands of shots and many years of carry and thrown in the bakkie and other hatd work. After years it is still rough, but always spot on target and have never had misfires or ejection or loading or extraction problems. Check the action for real rough protusions that scratch marks on the bolt. Those cause a lot of rough cycling. I have filed them down a long time ago and it made a worlds difference. At the rear on the right side when looking from behind I have seen more than my own Zastava whith a flaw on the machining or casting that create rough bolt movement. Some of them have a funny scew cutout for the bolt handle that also catches the bolt a bit and can be easily filed down.

Thanks, Adoons. Do the people in Potch have a standard stock for the Zastava or did you need to have a custom stock made?

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Tstone, they had one available that they molded from to supply me one on specs (LOP, adjustable cheeck piece etc) as a self assemble drop in unit. It works perfectly for me for hunting need.

User

Boyds make stocks for this rifle, a local importer or hunting client can surely bring one in.

User

I thought they were a 98 clone. Are they different enough to need a specific inlet?

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I thought they were a 98 clone. Are they different enough to need a specific inlet?
    It is a clone of the commercial FN Mauser action, some parts seem to be interchangeable, others not. The stock is actually pretty nice, but I might invest in a synthetic stock later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2