Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Carrying at the workplace

I work for a corporate who prohibits firearms in the building. I am happy with this, as I do not want some employee or customer having a crap day turning the working environment into a war zone. Secure gun safes are provided with registry and dual key locking. These safes are also behind a locked door with lobby security in attendance.
    As my car is in a secure underground basement parking below my offices owned by my employer, I often leave my firearm in my car. Not ideal, but less schlep each day.

all good to carry without anyone knowing , until the day an accident happens like it did at my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Irish View Post
    I often leave my firearm in my car. Not ideal, but less schlep each day.
    I suggest that you stop admitting to committing a crime on the internet.

Leaving your gun in a a car, no matter how "secure" the car park is is irresponsible and unlawful.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

I work for a corporate who prohibits firearms in the building. I am happy with this, as I do not want some employee or customer having a crap day turning the working environment into a war zone. Secure gun safes are provided with registry and dual key locking. These safes are also behind a locked door with lobby security in attendance.
    As my car is in a secure underground basement parking below my offices owned by my employer, I often leave my firearm in my car. Not ideal, but less schlep each day.
    Hey MI

Mutual Safes makes a car safe, I would suggest to get one of these for the firearm left in the car scenario.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Not ideal, but less schlep each day.
    Keep it totally above board. Buy a small (R300) safe and take it to a VESA-approved installer to install in the car (tell them it's for documents). Keep the installation certificate safe.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Dude, that is seriously not cool. I worked for a major bank in the JHB CBD with the same setup. Do you know how many cars got broken into that we just never heard about? Do you think your company is going to advertise the fact? How will you feel if your firearm gets stolen out of your car? Please take better care of your firearm or sell it to someone who will. You have a responsibility to keep it out of criminal hands

User

Thanks. The safe is a good idea.

SSP. It is unlawful; I agree, but Irresponsible - not really. The risk of loss is negligeable to none.

Just a thought. When I was held up at home, my firearms would've been taken if it were locked up in the safe - as per the law. It was elsewhere, and I still have it.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Dave. Even when they found my spare mags with spare ammo in the safe, I refused to give up my firearm; while they were shoving me around and sticking a gun in my face. I kept it out of their hands through that, so don't tell me that I don't take that responsability seriously. I may not be perfect, but only a very small percentage will follow the law 100%........ the rest won't admit to it.

User

I hear you MI. Nobody is saying that you should leave your gun in the safe at home but if you have a choice between the safe at security and your car, its probably a lot more secure in the safe

User

Paul or anyone else,

Tried the route of a car safe before and no-one then could confirm to me the SABS or SAPS regulation for such a safe. Is anyone aware of such regulation?

B3.

Quote Originally Posted by B3 View Post
    Paul or anyone else,

Tried the route of a car safe before and no-one then could confirm to me the SABS or SAPS regulation for such a safe. Is anyone aware of such regulation?

B3.

In a country where a car is stolen every few minutes ( ask me I had 4 cars stolend in 2 years) I dont think its a good idea to leave a FA in a car be it in a safe or not.

personaly there is no way I will leave my FA in a car I have friends who do this and I have given them endless crap about it. I work at a very secure business park and cars have been stolend from our basement and driven trough the booms at the main gate Gone

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast