Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: Process flow charts: Competency and License Applications

Its funny how things work.
    I finally got my competency on Wednesday, went this morning to pick it up and hand in my license app. But now, there is a "system problem". My DFO cannot print my competency cert. They've had the problem a while apparently. The printer works fine, but printing from the licensing systems doesn't work. Don't ask my why. Here is the funny thing. He told me to go to Wierda or Irene and have them print it for me? If its a systems problem, then how will they be able to print it? They are connected to the same system?

So yeah. I have to go somewhere else now (and of course it will have to be in working hours during the week, so that making my boss look at my funny saying I need to leave at this time to go to the police station...again)
    And as much as people complain about the feet dragging, slow work rate...TIA. It will never change...sadly

User

Good day guys,

I was wondering, three years ago I have done my competency for rifle at a training facility. I then applied for my competency and license (In one go - like it use to be) and got my rifle. I now did my handgun competency at training facility.

My question - do I need to apply for competency for handgun at DFO, or do you only need to do this once?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Juan99 View Post
    Good day guys,

I was wondering, three years ago I have done my competency for rifle at a training facility. I then applied for my competency and license (In one go - like it use to be) and got my rifle. I now did my handgun competency at training facility.

My question - do I need to apply for competency for handgun at DFO, or do you only need to do this once?
    You apply for Further Competency, which goes quicker since the background stuff has already been done

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    You apply for Further Competency, which goes quicker since the background stuff has already been done
    Thank you Prepare2win

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    Will let the forum know the progress thereof.
    Apologies for not updating on the progress.

Long story short... I sent a friendly email to the Col. who refused the application. I stated that their reason for refusal was not valid and attached proof of approved renewal handgun competency. The Col. called me the next day and the decision was over turned and approved within 2 days.

User

Do they work during December? I submitted almost 2 months ago, app was in Pretoria in a week. Called and heard middle November I would have an answer, called Friday and heard they will probably only get to it either Jan or Feb...

User

Quick question how do i view the flow chart as i cannot see anything

Hey guys, I am new here. I applied for competency in August, and got Approved last friday. But the SMS said you will receive a notification when ready for collection? I read on here that they just print out the certificate at the station, so I went and DFO told me I have to wait till it shows on the system or something like that. Anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by Belthar View Post
    Hey guys, I am new here. I applied for competency in August, and got Approved last friday. But the SMS said you will receive a notification when ready for collection? I read on here that they just print out the certificate at the station, so I went and DFO told me I have to wait till it shows on the system or something like that. Anyone else experienced this?
    Your DFO is talking nonsense (which station?). He looks and prints it from the "system" and if you got the sms, it means it is approved, on the "system". More like he is just too lazy to print it for you.

When my competency was approved, I got the same message, but went the DFO the same day to collect and give in my License app. Printer wasn't working, but I still submitted the license app. The DFO just said I can go to Irene or Wierda to have it printed if I don't want to wait until I pick up the license card. He hopes the printer will work by then. Hopefully in the next couple of days/week or so I will have approval of my License and see again.

My competency was approved the 19th September. I haven't received an sms saying hey buddy, its printed please come and collect it.

Quote Originally Posted by xGerhardSAx View Post
    Your DFO is talking nonsense (which station?). He looks and prints it from the "system" and if you got the sms, it means it is approved, on the "system". More like he is just too lazy to print it for you.

When my competency was approved, I got the same message, but went the DFO the same day to collect and give in my License app. Printer wasn't working, but I still submitted the license app. The DFO just said I can go to Irene or Wierda to have it printed if I don't want to wait until I pick up the license card. He hopes the printer will work by then. Hopefully in the next couple of days/week or so I will have approval of my License and see again.

My competency was approved the 19th September. I haven't received an sms saying hey buddy, its printed please come and collect it.
    I called CFR today after not getting that SMS for a week, at first he told me they should be able to print it for me, then I told him DFO's story. He changed his mind and he said that he is also confused, and that the system is changing or something. So not getting useful info out of both parties. Really starting to grind my gears. Isn't it a simple paper that get's printed????

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast