Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Process flow charts: Competency and License Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Samanjo View Post
    Hopefully I am just one of the people who did not get an sms
    Will phone CFR to enquire
    It's easier if you phone early in the morning or late at night.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    It's easier if you phone early in the morning or late at night.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Noted, thank you for the advise.

CFR is really testing my patience now with my competency cert. I see guys getting their licenses in 1 month! 1MONTH!, yet I submitted my competency 2 june. Its been sitting at CFR since the middle of June. Nobody is THAT busy that it can be so difficult as to approve or reject competency apps. That type of app should be a formality. You pass criminal check. done...approved. you don't...sorry rejected. Its been in the "up for consideration" stage now for what feels like since the beginning of time.

Hopefully the fast license apps keeps going as it does and mine goes quick as well.

If I have to wait another 4-5 months for the license after I get my competency cert...(one day hopefully), the hunting rifle I bought will be rusted already.
    Sorry I had to vent my frustration at this TIA way of working

User

Gerhard feel your frustration, in my opinion and seeing time frames comps usually take long - dont know why. And by licences itself yes indeed some get them quick and some are still waiting. But would also be nice if licence cards could get printed at DFO (basicly you get approval sms, drop by DFO and get card printed), hate that waiting time after approval.

Overall just has to be the luck of the draw on who's table your application end up on,as some are more competent then other in doing there job.

Quote Originally Posted by xGerhardSAx View Post
    CFR is really testing my patience now with my competency cert. I see guys getting their licenses in 1 month! 1MONTH!, yet I submitted my competency 2 june. Its been sitting at CFR since the middle of June. Nobody is THAT busy that it can be so difficult as to approve or reject competency apps. That type of app should be a formality. You pass criminal check. done...approved. you don't...sorry rejected. Its been in the "up for consideration" stage now for what feels like since the beginning of time.

Hopefully the fast license apps keeps going as it does and mine goes quick as well.

If I have to wait another 4-5 months for the license after I get my competency cert...(one day hopefully), the hunting rifle I bought will be rusted already.
    Hang in there mate, my comp application went in on the 15th June and it was only approved last week the 8th Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by xGerhardSAx View Post

Dude... If God could only privatize this fucking process.

I submitted my handgun competency renewal application and further competency application concurrently (biggest mistake of my fucking life for assuming a government department can multitask)

My semi-auto competency was refused this week as my handgun competency expired and needs to be renewed; However, the renewal was approved last month (which my DFO confirmed) so I am sitting here wondering...WTF?

Any suggestions on whether to resubmit the application or appeal? My DFO's recommendation is to resubmit the application but the waiting time at the CRC for fingerprints is so long that using the appeal process seems shorter.

On the comment regarding time frame on applications:
    >I have noticed that certain DFOs wait until the #of applications have reached a certain threshold before they send them out. (probably cost saving on transport)
    > Other DFOs attach a weekly schedule on sending them out (basically they will drive out for 1 application for that week) - that's fucking service!

A friend has that lovely service so his application was submitted, vetted and went through the process in a very short time.

User

How about using someone like GOSA to take them on?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    How about using someone like GOSA to take them on?
    Thanks for the info, I just sent an email to issueswithcfr@gmail.com ; Waiting for a response on the process to follow.

Will let the forum know the progress thereof.

Thank you

User

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I just sent an email to issueswithcfr@gmail.com ; Waiting for a response on the process to follow.

Will let the forum know the progress thereof.

Thank you
    Process is simple,

A) become a silver member
    B) enjoy subsidized access to the legal team
    C) recommend your friends and grow the legal "pot" because these things don't pay for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    On the comment regarding time frame on applications:
    >I have noticed that certain DFOs wait until the #of applications have reached a certain threshold before they send them out. (probably cost saving on transport)
    > Other DFOs attach a weekly schedule on sending them out (basically they will drive out for 1 application for that week) - that's fucking service!
    I also experienced this. I submitted my compentency documentation on the 20th of June.
    Phoned the CFR on the 20th of July, 1 month after, to check and they haven't received it yet. Phoned DFO and was told they taking it through "tomorrow"
    Again spoke to the CFR a week later on the 28th of July and they confirm receipt. Which means in theory they approved it in just under 2 months (got the sms on Wednesday)

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast