Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: SWATG - Gunfight Fundamental Course

To every one attending SWATG's course this week end I hope you all have a brilliant time and learn a great deal, as safely as is possible ;) Can't wait until we can get him down to Cape Town!

I second you on that Geoff,we need to get him down to the fair old Cape.
    SEMPER PARATUS

those airplanes fly in two directions you know guys! ;D
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Quote Originally Posted by abhm
    Yeah bud but the credit card don't like them that much ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter
    Quote Originally Posted by abhm
    Yeah bud but the credit card don't like them that much ;)
    The same comment apply to me.....

I would just like to thank all the Gunsite members that attended the course, glad to say that all went well and safe, except for a couple of "airsoft bites" and the occasional bruise on the knees, I think I am getting old or should learn at some stage to rather wear long trousers when we are going to ground confused0083 A couple of things that stood out for me: we no longer have to "dream" about attending these fancy oversees training courses, as the skills and knowledge are right hear and once again I saw that we have some of the best "shooters" and thinkers in the industry right here in our midst. Secondly I do believe that we did some stuff that you will generally not be able to do even in the so called top international schools and I believe we have bettered and improved on a lot of "tactical" issues, so I can confidently state that in certain aspects we are actually ahead of some of the top schools in the world, but in the same time we have to acknowledge that we have a long way to go, but everything being equal I believe that we can honestly state that "gunfight" training has landed in our country.

Another factor that came to light is that we will have to run a basic "gunhandling" course as there are still a lot of issues around the confident handling and problem solving when it comes to the handgun, and if you see our "fundamental" course you will soon realise that you have to be very honest about your basic skills and manipulation of your gun, we have to be honest with ourselves and put the ego away and really consider a basic gunhandling course, one of the mistakes we as a training provider made was that we assume the average person have these skills, but in all honesty they don't, so we will definitely be running a couple of 1 day basic courses just to ingrain the basic skills.

To all the new friends we made, I would just like to say thank you for proving me totally wrong in some of the "assumptions" I made, and I am glad to say that I think our community is growing and only getting stronger.

TEAM
    SWATG

User

Good morning all,
    Well I was one of those fortunate enough to attend SWATG's two day tactical 'Gunfight Fundamental Course' this past weekend. I will not elaborate too much on what was covered (as those more qualified than me will surely be doing so!), but suffice to say that a GREAT time was had by all fighting0035

SWATG ensured that a seamless transfer of functional knowledge took place (and was experienced via force-on-force training!), new freinds/contacts were made, but most important of all I believe that everyone concluded the course feeling 100% more confident in their ability to handle a highly escalated conflict situation ... "INSTILL THAT AGGRESSIVE MINDSET AND WHERE POSSIBLE KEEP MOVING" fighting0002

To everyone that attended the course that I had the pleasure of both training and interacting with - Thank you very much for the valuable lessons and great time!

SWATG - Your enthusiasm, skill, sense of humor and ability to impart vital information quickly and efficently were out of this world - Thank you for an AWESOME experience!

I look forward to some more training with you all in the near future, 'till then ... Take care and as always remain 'switched on' fighting0035

Kind Regards,
    Robert Ciapparelli
    “Practice Peace, Train Chaos!”

User

Once again a huge thank you to Swattie. Yet another outstanding course. And a great bunch of people to train with. If you havent already do your self a favour and book on the next one. A full report to follow.

Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend’s Gunfight Fundamental Course!

From the start Arno striked me as a man of his word, and kept his promises, which is something very rare in this day and age….

But this was definitely not “your Daddy’s shooting course”, as you will read in the full review.

The course was conducted in a friendly and informal environment, which appealed to all of us, but of course with the necessary safety precautions. Arno promised individual attention where necessary and he lived up to that. He also promised that EVERYBODY will improve, from the highly experienced competition shooters to the more or less beginners. And this truly was the case – some guys really improved 200 – 300%!

One thing I really liked about Arno from SWAT G (apart from his sense of humour!), is that he doesn’t just “copy and paste” other courses, but he actually also takes the time to think stuff through and make it applicable to our conditions.

I can highly recommend SWAT G’s Gunfight Fundamental Course, and my wife and I will definitely be attending future courses. It was nice meeting other Forum members and making new friends. Thanks to everybody for their friendliness and to Arno for making us feel at home! Hope to see you at the next one!

Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

Hi SWATg

How many interested Cape Town okes do we need, for you to come down and do a course here. I'm sure we can make the arrangements at a Cape Town range and recruit some people.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast