Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gun Free South Africa - What now? More firearms,less crime!

Hi Natalie

Your "Google alerts" has no doubt picked up the thread title and you're here to take a look.

I just wanted to make you aware of the fact that the FBI have just released their preliminary crime states for the first six months of 2010.

Unbelievably (for the anti gun loonies) it shows a continued (previous stats here: http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...hey-should-see. ) downward trend in crime despite the fact there has been a continued increase of firearm ownership in the USA.

They now have more guns and issued more concealed weapons permits then ever before.

Additionally the USA has seen record increases in gun sales during the last two years. With all these gun in private hands, the crime stats continue to drop.

According to the FBI, violent crime is down 6.2 percent over the same period in 2009, and homicide is down 7.1 percent. Further, robberies are down 10.7 percent, rapes down 6.2 percent, aggravated assaults down 3.9 percent, and burglaries dropped 1.4 percent.

So what it boils down to, is that the more guns , including automatic rifles, there are in civilian hands, the less violent crime there is.

Food for thought?

Regards Frank

The Latest Stats
    Show a Continuing Decline in Crime

12/20/10
    We’ve just released our first peek into crime in 2010—with a snapshot of the first six months of the year.
    The early returns are encouraging. According to the Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report, January-June, 2010, the nation saw a 6.2 percent decrease in the number of reported violent crimes and a 2.8 percent decrease in the number of reported property crimes compared to data for the same time frame during 2009.
    The report specifically covers the violent crimes of murder, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault…and the property crimes of burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft. It also includes arson, which is considered a property crime but is tracked separately for this report.

Some of the preliminary findings:
    • Reported incidents of violent crime as a whole decreased in all four regions of the country—falling 0.2 percent in the Northeast, 7.2 percent in the Midwest, 7.8 percent in the South, and 7.2 percent in the West.
    • In the Northeast, reported incidents of murder were up 5.7 percent, forcible rapes were up 1.1 percent, and aggravated assaults were up 2.4 percent.
    • Reported incidents of property crime as a whole declined in all four regions of the country—dropping 0.2 percent in the Northeast, 2.5 percent in the Midwest, 3.6 percent in the South, and 3.1 percent in the West.
    • In the Northeast, however, reported incidents of burglary rose 3.9 percent.
    • Population-wise, cities with 500,000 to 999,999 residents saw the greatest decline in reported violent crimes (8.3 percent) and in property crimes (4.8 percent).
      http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/december/crime_122010/crime_122010
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Default Re: Gun Free South Africa - What now? More firearms,less crime!

User

+1 FrankH! Great info, thanks.

User

Frank Boet Take this with you on the 13th ;-)

W
    I hack for charity, Shoot for fun!

User

Proves the point that an armed society is a polite society.

And IMO the more armed it becomes the more polite it becomes - it is the way of the human animal.

From what I hear crime is picking up nicely in gunfree Oz and UK.

User

I am talking just out from nowhere and I can not properly remember the sources. But apparently the wild west was not so wild.

If my memory serves me right and I will test my Google Fu later on this.

The wild west was actually very tame, as most people in the wild west owned a firearm and was either a retired soldier(American Civil War), thus also knowing how to use his weapon. The end result was a bunch of well armed and trained people not looking for trouble with each other. ANd when trouble came to them they could easily deal with it either by themselves or as a group.

Think of the mood at a braai after a IDPA shoot. VERY civilized.....

But the again I am wrong a lot of the time, so please go easy on me.

Has Natalie ever replied to your threads FrankH?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick158 View Post
    Has Natalie ever replied to your threads FrankH?
    Are you Natalie?

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Are you Natalie?

more of this just for fun

Sorry chaps I am not. I share your views as well. Just wondering how ignorant Natalie and the rest of the people at GFSA are???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast