Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Just an update on my scope import antics. I bought 2 + filters and including the postage and vat was still way below the local price. Given the reputation of Leopold, it would be most unlikely that the warrantee will be needed and in such an unlikely event I can ship it back to the supplier for repairs by Leupold. Or just buy another scope, what the hec!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Leupold VX I vs VX II vs VX III

So today I bought my Leupold VX2 3-9 X40 with a LR reticle. Super amped. Got it from Safari & Outdoor. Checked it out online last night and they were running a special for R3,400. I hightailed it into the store today to buy, and was disappointed that the special had actually finished, and was back to old price of R4,200. Was really disappointed, but Stephan at least met me halfway and sold it at R3,780.

Looking forward to checking it out on the range in preparation for the first hunt in 2013...

User

Quote Originally Posted by miklin View Post
    So today I bought my Leupold VX2 3-9 X40 with a LR reticle. Super amped. Got it from Safari & Outdoor. Checked it out online last night and they were running a special for R3,400. I hightailed it into the store today to buy, and was disappointed that the special had actually finished, and was back to old price of R4,200. Was really disappointed, but Stephan at least met me halfway and sold it at R3,780.

Looking forward to checking it out on the range in preparation for the first hunt in 2013...
    Nice scope you've got there at a good price, I'm sure that you won't regret it!

User

Very nice scope!! I had one on my 243 (changed it for a 4-12 purely because that is what I initially wanted and I got a second hand one for a really good price).

User

Thanks guys. Thanks too for all the info gleamed from these threads. I must admit that buying a scope was really daunting, and I got all the info I needed (and more) from here. I am naturally very cautious when buying things like this, and I got solid information and advice, which made me confident in my purchase.

Hard to go wrong with a reasonably priced Leupold. I think that even if you change your mind later on which model you want, you will never be sorry you bought this one...AND it will hold resale value better than many other makes / models. (although the right thing to do is to buy another gun to mount the old scope to)
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4