Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Dissapointed with my CS AK-47

Hi Guys

I bought a Cold Steel mini AK-47 in October last year. Up until yesterday I was more than happy with it.

I was looking at the edge under some light and saw a little glint, on closer inspection I noticed a flat spot about 3mm long. At first I thought it was wear and tear and needed a good run on my sharp maker. Then I noticed a spot missing some coating on the lock spring in the handle......and it corresponds exactly to the flat spot on the blade!

So basically when I close the blade it is making contact with the lock spring and causing a flat spot. Damn I'm pissed off. It means I have to sharpen the edge until it is a couple of mil's smaller.

Any of you guys had a similar problem?

User

Default Re: Dissapointed with my CS AK-47

If a manufacturing problem, why not send it back?

User

Is that the new 2010 AK47 or the older model?

I would send it in before the warranty expire.

I could never understand why CS advertise the way they do and then state their knives are the best and only give a 1 year warranty on their folding knives

Send it in is the best advice

I own 3 of them all large. 2 old models and the new one. Never dad a problem with any.

SEND IT BACK!!!
    MOLON LABE

User

Thanks the advice guys, I'll send it. The strange thing is that it seemed to have "developed" this problem recently. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't go around stabbing car bonnets with CS knives anymore.

It's the 2010 version with the Tri-ad lock. Such a shame, it is a great little knife.

BTW, I removed the crappy black coating on the blade, do you think it will affect the warranty?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    BTW, I removed the crappy black coating on the blade, do you think it will affect the warranty?
    shouldn't

You should try and send it back, but this sometimes can become a real pain in the behind and sometimes cost more money time and effort than anything else, and I know that many times the local agents are reluctent to assist due to cost factors etc. I really don't like saying bad things about certain products, but you should really not believe all the hype about certain products, maybe I have just been very unlucky, but I've had 3 draatica failures with Cold Steel, and one was right in front of a demonstration for Special Forces, needless to say I don't buy them anymore, and generally if something fails I chuck it and look for something else, yes I from time to time use the big old Rajah, but only because I got it as gift.

Don't be easily upset with products that don't live up the their so called reputation, just about all products are made as cheap as possible no matter what they say, and they fail, I still believe CS makes a couple of good blades, but from my personal experience I generally put them on the bottom of my list, but then again you will find thousands of people that will stake their lives on them.

User

sorry if this is a bit off the original topic, but I would like to hear what's at the top of your list SWATG.

I have several cold steel knives, been pretty happy with them. I know some view their DVD's as overhyped marketing, but I appreciate that they put something out to "prove" what their blades are capable of, at the same time being aware that its very easy to not include the failures in the final edit.

User

Before commenting on the Internet why not contact the agents and see what they have to say. I'm not saying don't mention it on the web but why not rather let the agents deal with it and then comment based on the whole experience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast