Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Info and Experiences with pistol Night Sights - i.e. Trijicon, Meprolights

K as he often does makes some outstanding points during the day its bright enough to see iron sights and the other bits its likely dark enough that you will need a light to id the target.

But at dusk and dawn they really shine (pardon the pun)

I dont like the different colours because of lining them up incorrectly I prefer them because I find when the rear sight is green it appears realtively brighter than the front sight. I find I then have my eye drawn to the rear sight and have to work to mkove focus to the front sight.

I notice as I get older the sight manufacturers do a worse and worse job on sights

User

Default Re: Info and Experiences with pistol Night Sights - i.e. Trijicon, Meprolights

Thanks for the insight guys. Decided then, I need a set of night sights for my H&K USP tactical.

Does anyone know where I where I could source some click adjustable night sights? As far as I am aware of, only Meprolight make, click adjustable night sights for the USP.

Are there any other companies that make this type of night sight?

User

Adjustable sights and a carry gun are not the worlds greatest combination.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    What he said.
    Adjustible sights tend to be more fragile than fixed sights, so in a situation where you might need to use your holster/pants, etc. to rack the slide for whatever reason, you run the risk of cocking it up.

User

I currently have click adjustable sights on my USP Tactical, and it just seems such a waste to put regular dove tail (non adjustable) ones on. Although I do prefer the compact size and look of the regular dove tail (non adjustable) ones. Guys thoughts on this?

User

Put proper fixed night sights on there. I would suggest Heinie's.

Adjustables snag and fail when you least want them to.

Function must always prevail over form on a carry gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Agreed 100%

and btw my comment about aligning in darkness was a reply to Prodigal foreseeing a problem in that department - I should have made it more specific

User

Do you know who stocks Heinie sights BigT?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    and btw my comment about aligning in darkness was a reply to Prodigal foreseeing a problem in that department - I should have made it more specific
    I knew what you were on about hehe

User

Quote Originally Posted by cerop View Post
    Do you know who stocks Heinie sights BigT?
    I'm quite familar with the Meprolight design, and like them, but would like to look at other options too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast