Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Beretta semi -auto in MY safe!!!!

it has been a while since the application went in, but it seems since Botties got fired things are improving. but i have the Beretta in my safe!! i paid R1000 for the gun and 40 ammo old swartklip red no 5 and 7. i might know one or two things about hunting rifles and pistols but i know fewer than nothing about shotguns. so if you guys dont mind a couple of questions.

can this rifle shoot slugs. i intend on using it on hogs?
    when shooting clay pigeons what kind of ammo is preferred?
    i see a spot in the barrel, where the socket of the magazine is fixed to the barrel on the bottom, since this is a smooth bore and accuracy is not a problem should i be concerned about this spot?
    what is the best way to clean/maintain this gun?

thanks

User

Default Re: Beretta semi -auto in MY safe!!!!

That spot in the barrel is the gas port for the semi-auto operation - nothing to worry about. Which model have you got?

Can the barrel accept screw in chokes, i.e. does it have a thread the last part of the barrel? If not, it is normally smei-choked already and it is not adviseable to shoot slugs through it.

Clay pigeons can be shot with No7 from my eperience but not sure what the optimal No X would be?

For maintenance pull the manual of the web - will check for the link where I got my Beretta A300 manual - total strip was a bit of a struggle the first time but I can now field strip her in the back of the truck if need be out in the wing shooting fields.... adviseable!

There will be more knowledgeable comments from the more informed shottie shooters on GS.

B3.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post

I assume it is an A302 or similar.

can this rifle shoot slugs. i intend on using it on hogs? Yes
    when shooting clay pigeons what kind of ammo is preferred? I prefer 6/7
    i see a spot in the barrel, where the socket of the magazine is fixed to the barrel on the bottom, since this is a smooth bore and accuracy is not a problem should i be concerned about this spot? This spot is where gas is taken off to cycle the action
    what is the best way to clean/maintain this gun? Same as any other gun regular cleaning / oil.

thanks
    I have a A 302 a very comfortable little shot gun

User

Quote Originally Posted by B3 View Post
    That spot in the barrel is the gas port for the semi-auto operation
    B3.
    i saw that just now when i was stripping it and saw the two holes on the outside.
    i have the standard A300 with the compliments of Musgrave. if anything when i look through the barrel the last two inches seems "wider" an no there is no thread.

looking forward to your link, thank you.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

what is the diff between the A300 and the A302?

User

As far as I can know its mostly cosmetic differences ( rolled "engraving" gold plating on trigger on A302), and some sources say that that the A300 does not have a magazine cutoff where other state that they do. Does your A300 have one?? i.e. lever on the right of the receiver that when in the up position locks the bolt back.

Here ya go...Beretta A300 manual download...

http://stevespages.com/pdf/beretta_a300.pdf
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

You can shoot slugs through a choked barrel no problem.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Meant to add. Congrats. They are great shotguns.

User

thanks for all the feedback. i just returned from the shooting range and i have one more question. i used to shoot with a A301 when was about 12-14 very often. what i distinctly remember is the absence of serous recoil. i remember my father comparing the shotgun's recoil to that of a mild 223. about two years ago i again shot a couple of rounds with an A300, and again almost no recoil. returning from the range , i can tell you one thing, my A300 kicked like a mule on steroids. n ow what gives? i went through a lot of trouble to get an A300 and the predominant reason was the lack of serious recoil. with my lack of knowledge with shotguns i think i have to add a recoil reducer on the stock and maybe the gas ports are dirty. i had a look at the gas ports and they seem clean. a friend who went with, said the recoil is more than his old single shot shotgun. any ideas?

p.s morneg, mine does have one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    thanks for all the feedback. i just returned from the shooting range and i have one more question. i used to shoot with a A301 when was about 12-14 very often. what i distinctly remember is the absence of serous recoil. i remember my father comparing the shotgun's recoil to that of a mild 223. about two years ago i again shot a couple of rounds with an A300, and again almost no recoil. returning from the range , i can tell you one thing, my A300 kicked like a mule on steroids. n ow what gives? i went through a lot of trouble to get an A300 and the predominant reason was the lack of serious recoil. with my lack of knowledge with shotguns i think i have to add a recoil reducer on the stock and maybe the gas ports are dirty. i had a look at the gas ports and they seem clean. a friend who went with, said the recoil is more than his old single shot shotgun. any ideas?

p.s morneg, mine does have one.
    I think the ammo makes a difference in terms of the recoil. When I use 24gr or 28gr shotgun ammo there is very little kick. Bump that up to 32gr and it kicks like a mule. Slugs are another story all together. BTW this is on my Franchi 500.

User

If there was a way to increase the capacity on the A300 series I would buy one tomorow.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast