Default License application appointment

Hi there.

Is it customary to first have to make a booking at the police station before handing in the new firearm license application forms?

The police station put us on the first available booking slot which was over a month’s time before being able to even hand in the app.

Also, if indeed they are allowed to put you on a waiting list before the actual waiting even begins, are you allowed to hand in the app at another police station?

Cheers

User

Default Re: License application appointment

I know of one DFO that does that here, the other DFO's don't make you book. I have never heard of a waiting list before. If you aren't happy go have a word with the station commander.

Usually you have to go to the police station which your residential area falls under.

With my first application I had to book a month in advance.

Over time, and with an assistant to the DFO, this has dropped to inside of 10 days.

I know of a station that was recently 3 months booked up.

Now that's got to be frustrating...

User

Never booked for any of my licenses/competency.
    If it takes a month for the DFO just to accept your paperwork, can you imagine how long it would take him to get your card after it's approved ? Frustrating for sure.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Never booked for any of my licenses/competency.
    If it takes a month for the DFO just to accept your paperwork, can you imagine how long it would take him to get your card after it's approved ? Frustrating for sure.
    Appointments may also mean that he does actually have time dedicated to fetching cards though

So seems I'm not the only one that has to make a booking. Before this thread I was convinced that only our station does the whole booking procedure.

On the plus side, it gives me a lot of time to go over my motivation and make 101% sure that every word is correctly spelled