Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Legal consequences of the FCA amendment Act

i'd rather take an official guestimate of 6 months, than "dont call us we'll call you"

Banned

Progress:
    1. Long ago, one could pick a firearm, pay for it, get the forms, have it licensed through a local process and pick it up, sometimes, the same day. Those who abided by this law were never a problem to the police and firearms so licensed were insignificant as far as gun crime was concerned. There was a record of who had what and it did not cost an arm and a leg to run the system. It was so simple to run, it did not require computers.
    2. Then Authority decided that guns in criminal possession must be addressed. A more cantankerous licensing system was put in place for the law abiding citizen. It cost more and took more manpower to administer and a computing system that was difficult to keep up to date. It did nothing to curb crime and legally owned firearms, in the hands of the public, remained effectively a zero crime problem.
    3. Then those with too much time to think and no sense or an ounce of logic in their entire beings, realised that criminals with guns are a very real problem and that something must be done. They created the FCB and reorganised CFR. It became an impossible process for the law abiding citizen to deal with. It cost billions to run and the computing power required, boggled the mind. The boggled minds trying to manage the computing quickly boggled the system also. It did nothing to curb crime and legally owned firearms, in the hands of the public, remained effectively a zero crime problem.
    4. Logically, we should be working towards #1 above, not trying to fix #3 so that it works better. It was designed to be obstructive and the last thing we need is for it to be effective.

User

This is not thought through properly again.
    I have various guns licensed for sport and one for defense. The one for defense expires next year so no worries because the sport one that was applied for orignaly with the defense one expires 2017. Then I accuired a licesence last year for sport and that expires on 2021 ... ok so my compentence is now valid till 2021 ... and now I applied for another firearm and if I am lucky it could get approved next year and then my compentency will be extended again till 2022...

But in the mean time I will be renewing my licenses as an when required and may never need to renew my competency again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by sloweralloy View Post
    RPL

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Holy Necropost , and a 1st post nogal, from joining in 2012

What is RPL?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
    Holy Necropost , and a 1st post nogal, from joining in 2012

What is RPL?