Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default propaganda campaign starting?

What is actually going on here?

"Arms cache" after "arms cache" seized by the SAPS in Joburg, in Pretoria and even in the Cape?

Are we seeing the start of a deliberate campaign to make the public think that the country is literally littered with unlicensed weapons?

Is it a coincidence that all this is “just happening” at exactly the same time that we are moving into a confrontation with government over the new firearm amendments?

I smell deliberate timing!

4th arms stash seized in Cape Town
    January 15 2011 at 07:54pm

A “huge” assortment of explosives, firearms, ammunition and replica firearms were seized on Friday at a farm in Durbanville, Western Cape police said.

The stash of ammunition included: two pistols, two rifles, a shotgun, a rifle barrel, a firearm frame without a barrel, two deactivated rifles, six magazines, nine empty shotgun shelves, 655 mixed live rounds, 14 rifle replicas, a teargas canister and a green ammunition case, Warrant Officer November Filander said.

Police opened an docket for possession of illegal firearms and ammunition.

“Of concern to the SAPS is the discovery of replica firearm devices in the lot, Filander said.

Members of the public were warned that the illegal possession of replica firearm devices was a punishable offence, he said

- Sapa

User

Default Re: propaganda campaign starting?

Why was this my exact same thought when I read about it . Some where something is as fishy as Cape Town harbour in season.

I also have that same feeling!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

Coincidence my ass! This 'cache' and the previous one in Pretroria does not seem that out of the ordinary. Except maybe for the replica firearms it sounds much like the type and quantity of arms and ammunition many firearm owners would have in their possession.

and WTF are "shotgun shelves". These incompetent journalists are starting to p!ss me off bigtime!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chas Lotter View Post
    two pistols, two rifles, a shotgun, a rifle barrel, a firearm frame without a barrel, two deactivated rifles, six magazines, nine empty shotgun shelves, 655 mixed live rounds, 14 rifle replicas, a teargas canister and a green ammunition case, Warrant Officer November Filander said.
    Of concern to the SAPS is the discovery of replica firearm devices in the lot, Filander said. [/I]
    Members of the public were warned that the illegal possession of replica firearm devices was a punishable offence, he said
    A huge arms stash, my arse. IMO either the reporter or Warrant Officer November Filander , I suspect both, are flippen idiots! If they want a huge cache, perhaps they should ask the ANC where the hidden "tons" of arms are. What are replica firearms? Are they referring to replica historic firearms?If so whats the problem?
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Comments can be posted at:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...-Town-20110115

Some brilliant comments so far
    Last edited by KevinF; 16-01-2011 at 11:39.

I think Cele is making up for the bad PR his been getting lately. The country already knows that there is a huge stash of guns in the country, if they report it as "cache" it makes the public happy that the cops are doing something to fight crime, they don't read what weapons or even understand what a cache really is, all they remember is Cele is doing "something"

User

what irks me, is that legal firearms are considered "caches".
    they find grenades and illegals AK47's, and also a "cache" (duh)

does this make the army stores and gunshops also caches?
    my father has 3 fully legal firearms and like 300rds total, of which like 200 is for the WW2 mauser. does this make it a cache?
    ffs.

The police are way ahead of the firearm owners when it comes to the court of public opinion - which in the final analysis is the one that counts most. Why do you think things have gone quiet on the media tribunal. The average Joe Soap out there (and bear in mind what average means in this country) probably considers private firearms something of an evil as he has only been on the receiving end of it. Unfortunately the press is helping the SAP (sensationalism sells). We really, really need a good PR strategy and campaign. If we don't have one I am afraid the ultimate end is in view. That coupled with proper and well considered litigation is the only hope there is of making ground. I am afraid litigation on its own is probably never going to do it. Until you have the broad public on your side you have a perception problem. And I am afraid GFSA (catchy name the whole thing, isn't it?) have done a lot of harm along the way. We really need a PR agent to help us along.

Default propaganda campaign starting?

Comment posted on News24 regarding the Capetown “arms cache”.

For whatever their reasons may be, the SAPS are running a propaganda thing here.

Chas

WOLVERINE QT - 2 hours ago Report comment This was a friends of mine farm. Under the firearm act airsoft is LEGAL, we are the largest airsoft importer into South Africa and the SAPS sign through and inspect all of our airsoft shipments ! They have raided our offices, looking for these illegal airsoft devices, finding them in our show room we explain the law to them and they leave. Airsoft is under the strict control of the national Airsoft PLayers Association, we inform the SAPS when we are playing official games, so why no bust us there ? We are registered as a sport under SASCOC as well

As per usual the SAPS are using strong arm and scare tactics. My friend was in hospital and the SAPs gained illegal entry and he has permits for the DE-ACTIVATED explosives as well as being a certified gun smith.

SO again the SAPS lie to us to bolster their already very poor image. Why not go after the real criminals ! and leave us legal firearm owner and collectors alone. As it is we pay your salary !

From mouth of my friend as he lies in the hospital bed, those members who broke into his house WILL BE SUED in their personal capacity. Warrant Officer November Filander please learn the law ! How can a BB gun be illegal when a deactivated AK is legal !!

And this menacing green ammunition case !!! hark, Warrant Officer November Filander you are an idiot !! since when is it illegal to own a green case, hell you can buy these at any plastic shop, oh, but they are in black !

Lets just say that when you get out of the SAPS, DO NOT come here looking for a job !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast