Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Licence refusals - Data base

Quote Originally Posted by snakker View Post
    My view on licenses are: if I qualify myself as a dedicated sport-shooter, and am considered competent and fit to own one semi-auto, I should be allowed to have as many as I choose without motivation. (if I'm a danger to society, even one would be too many, more won't make me more dangerous). More consideration / effort should rather go into declaring someone fit/stable ("competent") to own specifically semi-autos (incl pistols and revolvers) - I'd say biannual letters from close family (wife) and friends, and maybe psychological evaluation will help curb the risk of someone going postal. Then all this red tape for law-abiding gun owners would not be required - most crimes are committed with unlicensed arms anyway
    These are all terrible ideas. Please stop.

Yes, what we got now is working great.... Still quite easy for psychopath to get a license

User

Quote Originally Posted by snakker View Post
    Yes, what we got now is working great.... Still quite easy for psychopath to get a license
    No it is not. What do you base this on? You are unhappy with your licence refusal...but now you want the system to be more restrictive?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Google "left of bang"... it's a thing!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Guys, this thread is a data base. Please start a new discussion in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    You are unhappy with your licence refusal...but now you want the system to be more restrictive?
    You got a point right there, apologies for the rant/derail guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka T3 View Post
    User Name: Tikka T3
    Date of submission: 7 March 2017
    Refusal Date: 8 May 2017
    Submission Type: Section 15
    Reason for refusal: No declaration by farmer as to where hunting will take place. (I'm a Farmer. Its indicated in motivation)
    Sorry for continuing this in the DB section for licenses, I assume this is not your 1st rifle as you are a farmer.
    Seems a bit ridiculous that they need a letter from farmers as to where you will be hunting?

Yes, you can hunt with other peoples guns if they supervise you, but I also don't understand the CFR reasoning here.
    Lets say you have a bunch of buddies that hunt.
    You then decide you want to start hunting with them, but before you go out and shooting your actual 1st buck, you want to do it "proper" and get your license first, go to the range to start knowing your equipment (not talking being competent and capable of shooting according to the US).
    How does the CFR then expect you to arrange for hunt, and get letters when you haven't done so yet, and hunting might only take place next later this year, or even only next year hunting seasons.

Why are imaginary rules and loopholes being created, especially with a hunting rifle for a 1st time applicant?

User

Sec 16 was refused today.
    My current Sporting Clay O/U is broken and need to be sent back to Italy to get rebuild by Rizzini.

Bought a Fabarms and motivated it as such with endorsements and gunsmith report ... refused as insufficient motivation

User

Quote Originally Posted by 458Exp View Post
    Sec 16 was refused today.
    My current Sporting Clay O/U is broken and need to be sent back to Italy to get rebuild by Rizzini.

Bought a Fabarms and motivated it as such with endorsements and gunsmith report ... refused as insufficient motivation
    My friend's Norinco AR was denied, motivated through SADPA DMG. Still waiting on his refusal but the hilarious thing is when he spoke to his DFO they have no record of his Saiga AK103 which he competes with, often.

Rifle for sport shooting refused. In spite of dedicated sports status and current association membership, and no other rifle meeting the category requirement.

Reason for refusal : license not needed.

There was a hold-up during this application period when the CFR asked me for a current association membership, as the membership I submitted with the application was expiring in 30 days, and this I believe extended the process time of the application beyond 90 days. The refusal reason also has no relation to the actual refusal reason or cause of delay, someone is just copy pasting refusal letters.

Both my refusals so far have been with applications taking longer than 90 days.

All my submissions that were processed within 90 days were approved, including the re-submission of the first refusal.

Hence my conclusion that they have a time limit, and if there is a delay on an application that causes it to go over 90 days, they rather mark it "refused" so their queue items remain under 90 days old.

My suggestion is not to go the legal route after a refusal if it took longer than 90 days. Polish the original submission if needed, and resubmit. If they refuse within 90 days, then consider legal advice.
    Last edited by 414gates; 31-05-2017 at 13:54. Reason: amended, spelling

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast