Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SEND TO PROVINCIAL DFO

Good Day guys / gals

I have a application that is "stuck" at the above state, but I am not clear on what this actually means.

It could be one of two

1. Processed by local DFO and still not sent out
    2. Sent out to Prov DFO and not yet processed on this level

Is there anyone who can shed some light

User

Default Re: SEND TO PROVINCIAL DFO

It's option 2 I believe. "The application was send to the Provincial DFO by the DFO and being processed."
    How long has yours been stuck here? Its normally 2 or 3 weeks in Gauteng.

I have been stuck at "Sent to Provincial DFO" since 29 November 2023. 51 working days.

I whatsapped my DFO this morning, asking if I should submit a duplicate. This was he's response "There's a huge backlog at our national office now, even if you can submit duplicate it will stuck, let us wait for a while"

Number 2 is correct, your local DFO has taken your app to the Provincial DFO, however it has yet to be captured there.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by MattFish View Post
    I have been stuck at "Sent to Provincial DFO" since 29 November 2023. 51 working days.

I whatsapped my DFO this morning, asking if I should submit a duplicate. This was he's response "There's a huge backlog at our national office now, even if you can submit duplicate it will stuck, let us wait for a while"

Number 2 is correct, your local DFO has taken your app to the Provincial DFO, however it has yet to be captured there.

Geez, I submitted a licence application in Mid November 2023, and Mid Jan 2024, it was approved.
    This was in PTA. Not sure if other provincial offices are more busy or whatever.

I submitted a new licence middle of Jan 2024, and its been on this status since the 26th. New licences have been approved quickly in the last 6 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Geez, I submitted a licence application in Mid November 2023, and Mid Jan 2024, it was approved.
    This was in PTA. Not sure if other provincial offices are more busy or whatever.

I submitted a new licence middle of Jan 2024, and its been on this status since the 26th. New licences have been approved quickly in the last 6 months or so.
    Apparently it is just the Gauteng Offices that are extremely backlogged. Literally nothing we can do, but wait.

User

Yip. Some provincial centers are notoriously slow. Especially the North west one at Potch. The average time almost all of my applications takes to reach the next step after "Sent to provincial" is about 4x months.

Depends in which Province you live.

Example CPT the applications only get sent to CFR once a month.

If yours arrived even just before this date they would not have had time to finish checking it. And it would have to wait 1 month for the next trip to CFR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MattFish View Post

This is where I have, in the past, phoned up GOSA and asked for help. Within a few days, the whole thing is sorted.

Thanks guys. I applied on 28/12/2023. Been at this status for 18 B Days.

User

I had submitted license application first week of Nov 23, to date it it is at 'send to provincial'. Looking bleak since people who applied after already got their licenses approved.
    Is there any option other than just waiting?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast