Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Rhodesian weapons

Miniswatg I had a link somewhere and will try find it.Look at this one in the mean time...the first paragraph under the skinned baboon.

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

You get soem really lucky people...check what this guy managed to aquire....lucky bliksem.
    http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...postid=2896628

User

Thanks I'll take a look when my backlog of emails has been handled.

They also used Captured SKS's If I recall

This is slightly off topic but speaking about Rhodesia... - Im currently reading Peter Stiffs book on SA Special Forces opps from 1964 - 1994. Its a great book. What amazed me is all the attempts to assassinate Mgabe - and many other cancelled missions including one in London using a briefcase, C4 and ball bearings like a homemade Claymore.

User

Interesting Para FAL, I must check mine because I swear the numbers are very similar.

I know a few guys who were in 3 commando RLI and they carried FN Hipowers and Stars when they actually used sidearms.

Quote Originally Posted by BGL View Post
    This is slightly off topic but speaking about Rhodesia... - Im currently reading Peter Stiffs book on SA Special Forces opps from 1964 - 1994. Its a great book. What amazed me is all the attempts to assassinate Mgabe - and many other cancelled missions including one in London using a briefcase, C4 and ball bearings like a homemade Claymore.
    BGL "See You in November" also by Peter Stiff would be a great one to read after that, unpacks some of those attempts
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Thanks man I'll check it out.

User

shark_za.. I'm the person pictured with the para FN in the photo on FalFiles that G-force posted the link to. You mentioned you have one with similar numbers? I'd be extremely interested to see an image of your rifle. I'm assuming it is also a para version? If so, there is a bit of information about how it might have been acquired by the Rhodesian army. I'd be interested to hear whether you have any background on your one's provenance? Cheers, Neil

User

Chas

Anything you could give me on Rhodesian mine proof APC's and IFV's and their influence on South African designs? It looked like the Casspir and Buffel all owed quite a lot to Rhodesian experiences with mines.

Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    Chas

Anything you could give me on Rhodesian mine proof APC's and IFV's and their influence on South African designs? It looked like the Casspir and Buffel all owed quite a lot to Rhodesian experiences with mines.
    Give me a starting point - have you read Locke and Cooke's book?

User

Nah

Basically your Rhodesian Soldier, the Selous Scouts Top Secret War one and the SAS one. as well as a few socio political ones like Mukiwa and "A crocodile ate the sun"... the Selous Scouts Top Secret War one had a few sidelong references to use of old British stuff (Saracen and Ferret), SA Pantser Elands, and then a myriad of locally created MPVs like the Hyena and the Pookie and a few T34's I think.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast