Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Class action law suit registration: Private Citizens vs. SAPS

Thanx guys. I'm in. Ideas on supposed cost. I think others will join when they know Wat their pockets are in for.
    I hack for charity, Shoot for fun!

User

I'm in. Very definitely.

ArnoG26: It is my understanding that even settlement out of court will have to be made court order and should therefore set precedent - maybe real lawyers can confirm or shoot me down here please (figuratively speaking of course :o)?

Paul: My vote - please approach this firm and get more info. Even if they take the case on on a contingency basis it will be prudent to get an estimation of the costs up front and keep tabs on it throughout. I think that we should work out how much each person should contribute in advance and then get these funds together before we start for in case we do have to pay up at the end should we lose and/or should costs not be awarded to us for some reason. Rather that way around and then reimburse everybody than trying to cash in on promises after the fact. I'd suggest setting up a trust fund to hold the funds - we can invest in the meantime and should... I mean WHEN we win we can always print some "GFSA - suck my Glock!" t-shirts for everybody or some such.

Let's get an estimate of the cost, get a list of interested parties and then we can discuss and arrange meetings to define the grounds and arguments for our case in consultation with the lawyers.

I've been waiting since March 2007 for my renewals and am very gatvol.

I'll start to spread the word outside of the forum as well.

User

Already mailed my club
    I hack for charity, Shoot for fun!

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    I mean WHEN we win we can always print some "GFSA - suck my Glock!" t-shirts for everybody or some such.
    Now now, we're better than that... Hehe! That would be funny though...

In any case, I'm in. Perhaps the mods can edit the main post with names, or perhaps give ArnoG26 the ability to edit the first post with everyone's names that committed.

This is good, but it is always difficult. At the end of the day think it is better to give everyone the ability to donate whatever amount the can. On D-Day we might be presented with a huge bill, and have 5 people to split it.

What happened to that other post/thread about starting a fund? I'll look for it, but I'm sure you guys know what I am talking about.

I think perhaps it might be better to consolidate all these efforts into a single, concerted effort to get something done instead of having 10 different initiatives trying to accomplish anything.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for an action, but I think let's get some scratch together, and take it from there.

User

Cerop: I think it was this one? http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...process/page14

Cried my way through it the other night.

Maybe a two-pronged approach to funding: People who can/want to only contribute a once-off amount, cool. But we'll also need to get an estimate of the total cost and a list of people who can commit to sharing those costs. If we get proper estimates and keep tabs on it and the current donations we can keep updating the cost per person as 'membership' increases and refund the guys who started it out.

I think a lot of people would only climb on board once we have specific costs associated to this.

So maybe start of with "will you join, can you contribute and what is the maximum that you can agree to now?" to start the list off with and take it from there?

User

100% JS4

Was actually this thread I was referring to:
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ncinnatus-Fund

User

Im already using the Lawyer mensioned here.. wanna see what the timeframe is gonna be
    If there is a benefit in a collaborative effort, Im in..

User

As many of the guys said, I'm in dependent on cost. Waiting 18 months for SD licence and 11 months for 2 DSS licences that are only at CFR Gauteng North

Hi all,
    Like in most professional services, the price will most probably depend on the scope of work.
    As such, we have to get back to my previous point of focusing on preferably one, highest probability scenario.
    I propose DSS, as it is the least controversial (in my opinion) and we have a fairly large population of DSS members. However, if the majority decide on DH so be it.

Paul that will be awesome!!!

Before we jump the gun of what or who. We need something in general, if possible. Something that will look at a broad spectrum of service delivery of the whole process. Maybe one of the lawyers can guide us what to say what we need. But we def need to look at competency, card printing and all licenses if possible. We need to get a judgment that can help a lot of new gun owners in the future as well. Maybe we can hook up a session and go and see a lawyer? JS4 are keen to help with a DB. Maybe JS4 and I can meet up and go and see the lawyer Paul mentioned and come back and report of what we need and what we need to do.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast