Thread: Some advice

User

Default Some advice

Hi everyone

Ok I’ve been reading a few posts and maybe you can help with some advice.

I was part of the batch that had to renew all licenses in Jan 2005 as my B-day is in March. All courses done I headed for the cop shop and handed everything in, which was in 2005. I made numerous call and visits to the cop shop and all they keep telling me is they are still processing all the apps. I haven’t received anything from them as to date. When I question them about driving around with my firearm all they tell me is: keep the receipt you received from the SAP with you at all times, should I get stopped I should just show them my license and receipt and all will be fine.
    Is there any truth in the matter??? What should I do to stay out of trouble with the SAP

Clinton

Default Re: Some advice

Keep your green card on you too.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by clintont View Post
    Hi everyone

Ok I’ve been reading a few posts and maybe you can help with some advice.

I was part of the batch that had to renew all licenses in Jan 2005 as my B-day is in March. All courses done I headed for the cop shop and handed everything in, which was in 2005. I made numerous call and visits to the cop shop and all they keep telling me is they are still processing all the apps. I haven’t received anything from them as to date. When I question them about driving around with my firearm all they tell me is: keep the receipt you received from the SAP with you at all times, should I get stopped I should just show them my license and receipt and all will be fine.
    Is there any truth in the matter??? What should I do to stay out of trouble with the SAP

Clinton
    That is one heck of a long wait, I re-applied for mine about the same time and received the new license and competency in about a year. I suppose I must have been one of the lucky few. I just had to go through the renewal recently, I wonder how long this is going to take.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JIV View Post
    That is one heck of a long wait, I re-applied for mine about the same time and received the new license and competency in about a year. I suppose I must have been one of the lucky few. I just had to go through the renewal recently, I wonder how long this is going to take.
    Hi

Should i still go through the hole renewal thing even though i havent recieved the first lot

Hi

Should i still go through the hole renewal thing even though i havent recieved the first lot
    I am pretty clueless on this one?

Hi

Clarify.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

My dad renewed even before you and he waitied 8 years , he wanst bothered to follow up as he has all he's green licenses

User

I agree. If they haven't finalised your renewal application, then there is nothing to renew. You still have your green licence, so just wait for them to finaly get around to finalising your applications.

User

Thanks for the advice,much appreciated. Think i'll just leave things the way they are

User

All you need is your old green license. They are still valid and they can't do anything to you. There are literally 1000's of renewals that are just sitting at the provincial office not even being processed. From the grapevine, i heard that if you push for the renewals they tend to just decline, so rather wait till the saps sorts out their mess.

In the mean time your green license is legal and valid.