Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Some of my Shark Fishing Pics

Attachment 4374Attachment 4373Attachment 4372Attachment 4371

Hi Guys

Started doing this Shark Fishing thing recently and have at least got some good fish so far.

Default Re: Some of my Shark Fishing Pics

Some nice fish, Shorty.

Did you release them?

Sweet

User

All fish released bud just so quick pics and away they swim ready to fight another day.

This will clearly prove I am not a fisherman of any kind but, um, how do you get the hook out the mouth?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Attachment 4374Attachment 4373Attachment 4372Attachment 4371

Hi Guys

Started doing this Shark Fishing thing recently and have at least got some good fish so far.
    Nice Shorty!! What tackle was used? Looks like a Loomis and Saltist 50 on the duckbill shot?

User

All fish released bud just so quick pics and away they swim ready to fight another day.
    Catch 'n release the way 2 go. Catch only what u can chow today. We found a drifting log of Morrungulu Moz in 2007. Casted onda onda's at the log and landed 15 Dorado off our boat in an hour and released all but one. The okes at camp couldn't believe that we released so many. But hey, that's how it should be..!!

User

And PE's no safe place anymore... tell us you where carrying!!

User

nice Shorty!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    This will clearly prove I am not a fisherman of any kind but, um, how do you get the hook out the mouth?
    If you dont ask you will never know, I use a specially made hook remover.

---------- Post added at 07:35 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Nice Shorty!! What tackle was used? Looks like a Loomis and Saltist 50 on the duckbill shot?
    Well spotted but it was an Elbe Waverunner 14ft Saltist 50 with .57 Awa-shima Line and a 1.3 mm Leader

---------- Post added at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelrp View Post
    Catch 'n release the way 2 go. Catch only what u can chow today. We found a drifting log of Morrungulu Moz in 2007. Casted onda onda's at the log and landed 15 Dorado off our boat in an hour and released all but one. The okes at camp couldn't believe that we released so many. But hey, that's how it should be..!!
    Definately a person can see that from overfishing the fish arent as plentiful as before. Sad part is that when most people come across fish like you mentioned they slaughter everything.

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gidsie View Post
    And PE's no safe place anymore... tell us you where carrying!!
    TRUE!! Man I have had a few incidents here before but hey its all over in this wonderful "Crime Free" South africa. LOL

I always take "backup" along, although some poor souls think I am mad and tell me there is no need for firearms if you fish in numbers.
    Just shows how lax people have become over their own safety.

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 ----------

Thanks for all the feedback guys will post some other pics later.

User

If you dont ask you will never know, I use a specially made hook remover.

---------- Post added at 07:35 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

Well spotted but it was an Elbe Waverunner 14ft Saltist 50 with .57 Awa-shima Line and a 1.3 mm Leader

---------- Post added at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

Definately a person can see that from overfishing the fish arent as plentiful as before. Sad part is that when most people come across fish like you mentioned they slaughter everything.

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 ----------

TRUE!! Man I have had a few incidents here before but hey its all over in this wonderful "Crime Free" South africa. LOL

I always take "backup" along, although some poor souls think I am mad and tell me there is no need for firearms if you fish in numbers.
    Just shows how lax people have become over their own safety.

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 ----------

Thanks for all the feedback guys will post some other pics later.
    Shorty
    That hook remover, a half chain link welded onto a steel shank? They work really well!
    The Elbe Waverunner is a great rod btw, got one myself and a mate of mine recently put his to the test at Casaurina's on a +-60kg Diamond. Pity he lost it in the shorebreak...
    I see you also have another rod in the pics, custom built looking at the grip?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast