Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pup-Vizsla

User

Default New Pup-Vizsla

Very excited we got a new pup last weekend. A Vizsla!

She will be complimenting my GSP on the hunting field.

Im hoping to use her for birds and my GSP for antelope.

She is 7 weeks old....eish let the training begin!

User

Default Re: New Pup-Vizsla

Pics please!

User

sorry these are all i have, will post more when I take

User

Very cute brak.

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Mother mary. Nice one Luke; are they as scarce as I've heard them to be?
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

Yes Indeed....really struggled to find one, especially a female!

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Lucky baas-Ted!!!! Not into wingshooting at all, but heard from Just Plain Phil & some more reading what AWESOME dogs they are..!!! I think my all time best would be a Ridge & a Vizsla running around my yard!

Nice one, I am envious!!!
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

Sorry if you don't like my Post.
    And I sincerely hope that it is not the case, you may have a lemon.
    Which kennel. Did you see her parents, more importantly did you see them Hunt.

I got really lucky with my Vizsla, he "can" Hunt, however having said that, I also have a mediocre GSP.
    And truth be told, my GSP kicks his ass every time.
    That doesn't mean that a don't enjoy hunting with my Vizsla , I'm just Pointing ( pardon the Pun) my experiences and that of a few mates of mine.

As to them being Scarce, not at all, there is two litters that I know of that the breeders are battling to "sell".
    Last year alone more than 250 Vizsla's were hatched in Battery. Not one from a proper working line, The breeder will tell you " His Grandather came from a working line" , well show me the medals!!!!!!!

Please excuse my rant, but they are being indiscriminately breed , by breeders that know nothing or very little of breeding , want pretty show dogs, and are doing to this wonderful breed what has been done to the Wiem, creating Sandton accessories.

There are however one maybe two good breeders that have better lines.

Sent me the pedigree and I'll give you an honest answer.

One thing I can assure you, I'll only ever have GSP's in the future, unless some-one brings in Real Good lines from the States.

And to whose that I offended, prove me Wrong.

LukeS, you may be lucky and have a Dog that will surprise, But one thing I can assure you of, Damm Fine Pets.

Enjoy your Pup.

---------- Post added at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

Think I may have Pissed off a few Folk.

Still, prove me wrong.
    Has any Vizsla been placed in any stake at any Field trail in SA= NO
    Has a COM ever been issued =NO
    Any Vizsla get Guns Choice = NO

Both my Vizsla and GSP does find birds, my GSP finds them in quarter of the time it takes my Viszla.
    Show me any Vizsla that can do a 350m water retrieve, my GSP can

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Bokkie, since last seeing you, things took a nose dive, most Vizsla owners started to breed. Dit raak erg, R4500-00 to R5000-00 n hond.
    Even those damm Britanny things are starting to look good, just not sure for what ;-) , all they do is flush birds into the next county.

I am not an expert, but I have two fantastic dogs and I believe that a dog will be as good as the training, love and care s/he is going to get from the owner.

Genetically, the Wizsla is fit for purpose, so make it fun, train and reward the dog, and she will want to please you. I have two Schnauzers (non-hunting city slickers), both with serious pedigree. They come from the same reputable breeder, but they respond differently to different training methods and I have to motivate them differently.

Back to hunting... The other dog might be faster, maybe he is more experienced or differently motivated.

User

No worries Phil, appreciate the feedback.

Got her from Iviza Vizslas in pretoria north. Ever heard of them?

To be honest the main reason we got her is as a companion to my gsp, if she never shows an aptitude for hunting that's cool, I have the gsp who is very good. If she grafts then that's cool too.

Ill be interested to see how she goes, if she can keep up with my gsp then ill be impressed!

So yea ill try her out and hope she takes to hunting, but if not she will hopefully be a lekker pet and companion in the bush.

Cheers man

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast