Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Pup-Vizsla

User

Default Re: New Pup-Vizsla

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Phil - is that you, Phil - thought that you had dropped off the face of the planet!
    Just never any anything to say

Now why did you have to go and write poo this this stuff, below here, hey?
    Wanted a response from you, I know of a Brittany breeder that now has a Setter !!!!

And what is this calling Luger an average GSP - I love that dog!
    Hopefully not more than I do

I hope to see you at some of the surveys if I can get my act together.
    I'll have the 10:00 refreshments at the ready

Cheers
    Sweet
    P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit!

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

LukeS

Congrats, that be a cute puppy. I would believe JPPhil's advice - he clearly knows his oats around the breed. I have seen a couple of Vizsla's working and love the dogs, they are clean and very gentle, if one were to want to make a generalisation about the breed.

Most importantly, have fun with her!

Sweet

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Phil View Post
    What happened to your 16 ??
    Still trying to pin the owner down; he got shy all of a sudden.

Congrats on Dolores!
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BoerBok View Post
    Still trying to pin the owner down; he got shy all of a sudden.

Congrats on Dolores!
    Thanks,

The Ravishing, Untouched Unblemished Dolores in a 12 from the House of Aya. Twin Pipe Ejector, Extensive engraving, sidelock, just looking at her makes my knees tremble in wanton anticipation.

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Man, that sounds pretty...!!
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

Dolores?
    Sheez, ya coulda picked a better name for your Spanish Queen!

yanking your chain a bit.
    English stock?
    Last edited by THOMAST; 24-02-2011 at 18:31.

User

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST View Post
    Dolores?
    Sheez, ya coulda picked a better name for your Spanish Queen!

yanking your chain a bit.
    English stock?
    My next app is for Dulcinea, in 20.
    All English Stocks

User

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Phil View Post
    Thanks,

The Ravishing, Untouched Unblemished Dolores in a 12 from the House of Aya. Twin Pipe Ejector, Extensive engraving, sidelock, just looking at her makes my knees tremble in wanton anticipation.
    I feel lust in my heart.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I feel lust in my heart.
    I was told once, that my Virtue lies in my Loins, I still not sure exactly what she meant.

User

BoerBok,how about 3 pointers and 2 Ridgebacks in the yard.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

Be aware when using an older dog to'' teach'' a puppy in the veld. After a while the young dog will stop using his nose and simply follow the older dog. At best the puppy will be a great backer, at worst a clueless dog with no ability to locate its own birds. Rather give the puppy experience by taking him out on his own.
    You also run the risk of messing with the young dogs own style, range, quartering and character.
    My advice train the dog on his own until he has confidance then expose him to other dogs.

User

Hi Luke,

I have your dog's pedigree, must I post it for you or will you collect it from me ? If you want to collect it, bring the pup with you for her next vaccinations. Give me a call.
    I find all the replies to your thread's very interested, especially the one's from " Just Plain Phil ". I'm not a redneck with a red Colt bakkie, and never was, and have big time problems with my english...lol. Will visit "Plain Phil" later this year and polish his red wine for him, he can't drink brandy with coke !

I agree with 'tracker", never let a puppy follow your older dog, she will just copy his trick's at the end of the day.
    I will rather use the vizsla for tracking and the GSP for wingshooting. A vizsla is a versatile hunter and this make them excellent for tracking dangerous game, they wont try to fight with wounded animals they track down, this is the biggest problem with other breed's, and many dogs get killed by wounded animals.

At last I received all my firearms and will start explore more with the wingshooting and provide you with feedback. I agree with "Plain Phil " at the moment, he spend many hours with his dogs in the field, if you want to do wingshooting and field trails, rather get a GSP, nobody in South Africa can give you really advise on how to train a vizsla correctly, the way you must train them, is with a much softer hand. You can't train a vizsla like a GSP, and you cant ask a GSP trainer to change his way of training to adopt to your vizsla, at the end of the day, he will rather tell you to get a GSP. I would like to meet someone in Gauteng area with field trail knowlege who are willing to meet me half way with the vizsla's.

More about Lukes dog's pedigree:
    His father Gimly is a great tracker and we work together in the field, tracking game is no problem and with my 100kg body parts I dont have to run after him, we track together.
    If I shoot a bird, he will collect it for me without asking, we dont talk really, I just use my clicking method if needed. I hunt game most of the time,and once in a while a bird, the wingshooting commands wont fit my style but I want to combine the two hunting styles.
    Back to Gimly, his bred out of two imported dogs, one from Slovakia and the other from Romania, both his parents are bred out of champion field trail parents, one a Internation Champion " Vitaz Grand Prix Vadaszfai Loci.

Lukes pup's mother is Iviza Stolen Passion, bred out of imported parents, one from Hungary and the other from UK. This means Luke's vizsla is bred out of 4 different countries.
    Luke will also find a American champion in the pedigree, Bargeos New Dawn Anniversay, this dog was imported to UK from North America, she was bred from the best fieldtrail champions of America. I imported Sugar Larmas from Hungary, the grandmother of Luke's puppy. She is bred from Pusziszoro Simon and Sugar Csardas, both champions in the showring and fieldtrails.

Luke wont easily find a dog with a better pedigree in South Africa, no matter what breed. To get this bloodline in South Africa cost a lot of money, and I really hope the vizsla owners make full use of this. The vizsla is a new breed in South Africa and the puppy owned by Luke is bred from field champions all over the world, hope Luke's make use of his dog's potensial. The pedigree prove Luke's dog can be a fieldtrail champion and he can compete against any breed, hope Luke is up for it !

Sorry "Plain Phil", I disagree about the USA vizsla's, the best vizsla's you will find in Hungary and closeby countries. The USA peolpe just promote their vizsla's better on internet, most Hungarian breeders cant speak english, just like me ! But those vizsla's are great hunting/working dogs. Most international fieldtrails are won by UK and Euro vizsla's, and after the competition sold to USA.

.......and " Major " called me, he told me you cant shoot straight Phil ,and " Lugar " is the only one still willing to point birds to you ! " Will visit you and sort this problem out for you.

Hope the vizsla's can prove themself in South Africa, and hope gundog lovers will make more use of this breed in the future. The moment this breed find a good gundog trainer willing to adopt his training, we all will benefit from this breed potential in full. Thanx's for "Plain Phil " who was willing to get a vizsla for wingshooting, hope you and Luke will keep on using them in the future.

Well, hope you all enjoyed my english......eish !

Brian aka Iviza Vizsla's.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast