Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New Pup-Vizsla

User

Default Re: New Pup-Vizsla

I tap the dog on the tip of his/her nose sharply with my forefinger. Worked for me, with both Rottweilers and two Labradors. I never knew about the blowing in the ear issue, will try it in the future.

PS: Tiny dog treats to replace the bird with might not be a bad idea, but you doing it for 50 years makes me think my little contribution is utterly useless! :)

Thanks for the input Guys, I use dry wors and she tries to get the wors in her mouth with the bird. We had a break through at lunch time, I took a walk along the river on my place and put up a pheasant, shot it and she fetched it perfectly, another pheasant flushed and I shot, she dropped the first by my feet and went for the second bird, that one was hers. So it looks as if there is only going to be a problem with the last bird. I'll try blowing in her ear, in fact I'll try anything.

Pheasant? Where are you shooting?

If the problem is only going to be "the last bird" - how does she know when you've shot the last one? :)

Hi Springer,

Actually Swainson, In the NWP.

Only shoot Rockies this time of the year but have been training a lot with dummies, she is now bringing to hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5