Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default No 1 seems to care

I applied in NOV 2008 for competency, CZ 75 9mm, vektor LM5.
    In Feb 2010 Competency approved,July 2010 CZ + LM are in preparation for consideration, November 2010 9mm approved.

07/03/2011 LM still in preparation for consideration.
    I call the call centre atleast once a day, and have been sent from pillar to post.
    No one can tell me what is the situation with my application, bearing on mind I am a dedicated sportsman.I have to rely on borrowing guns to shoot 3gun shoots, its like a cricket player having to seek permission n wait for a few years before he may use his own cricket bat to play his game.

what do I do?
    where do I go from here ?
    Any help for the desperate will be appreciated

User

Default Re: No 1 seems to care

Its not all doom and gloom......I will gladly take the LM off your handsOnly joking.
    Have you sent your details through for the class action law suite?? If not get on board and join the action.......

Haha david its such a beaut, I cry myself to sleep every night. Yes I have submitted my details to the class action law suite.
    thanks

Siraj, I feel with you... Also have a LM5 waiting at receiving (CFR) since July 2010... ALL my details also e-mailed, in anticipation...
    You want to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!

Basie are we being prejudiced since the LM is a restricted firearm ?

User

Basie are we being prejudiced since the LM is a restricted firearm ?
    Almost certain of that!

User

Siraj & BasiB

I have a LM5 sitting at the review board since forever. I feel you pain. I call the call centre 4 times a week. I ask them to put me through to the review board and nobody answers the phone there. They work from 7:30 to 15:30 but you are not able to speak to anyone there.
    It is driving me nuts knowing that that there is a paid for LM5 waiting for me.(DS 3 gun)
    Over the next few days or weeks or months if any of you have any intel or if your LM is approved let me know. Share your information.Gatvol!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK416 View Post
    Siraj & BasiB

I have a LM5 sitting at the review board since forever. I feel you pain. I call the call centre 4 times a week. I ask them to put me through to the review board and nobody answers the phone there. They work from 7:30 to 15:30 but you are not able to speak to anyone there.
    It is driving me nuts knowing that that there is a paid for LM5 waiting for me.(DS 3 gun)
    Over the next few days or weeks or months if any of you have any intel or if your LM is approved let me know. Share your information.Gatvol!!
    Still at receiving... will wait untill end of March to get a feel for the Gunsite Class action, no def movement, I will get the services of a laywer (already spoke to the guy), and he will take all my applications on review in the North-Gauteng High court, which only means in his words, that the court ensures that SAPS will be doing their work. If application is declined, then at least one can proceed with the appeal, and I will use the same laywer as he had till date success in all his appeal applications.

The BIG thing is...you guess it...money...friggen expensive, but with more people appls on review in the same hearing, a lower rate can be negotiated. But one can go further and sue SAPS for costs... But first things first.... waiting for the Arno26-gang, would rather spend a big contribution to this effort than to pay a laywer just to tell SAPS to do their job.. In anticipation...

Its highly annoying, and its dampening my passion for the sport, Iv got firearms that need to be licensed but with this in the pipeline, its just making me procresternate.
    HK im working on something if it works out, will inform you n BAsie

Quote Originally Posted by siraj View Post
    Its highly annoying, and its dampening my passion for the sport, Iv got firearms that need to be licensed but with this in the pipeline, its just making me procresternate.
    HK im working on something if it works out, will inform you n BAsie
    It sure has a dampening spirit on our love for the sport... Hope your "something" works well...waiting....!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast