Thread: H K 416 RIFLE

User

Default Re: H K 416 RIFLE

Have a look what this guy's done...
    http://www.cncguns.com/forum/index.php?topic=1768.0
    Pretty cool hey?

Banned

416's and 417's(chambered in 7.62) are currently being fielded by Delta. If your going to "clone" one, you'd have to keep in mind they're piston operated, not inpingement like standard AR's.

A somewhat more readily-available alternative to HK416's would be the Barrett Rec7. I believe they pursued the SOCOM/CAG contract, along w/ Knights Armament and a couple others.

http://www.barrett.net/firearms/rec7

User

We would probably get a 416 here long before we see a Knights Armaments or Barrett rifle.

User

There are two of thirty HK416 (10.3-inch) uppers left at Clyde Armory right up the road from me here in Athens, Georgia - it is nice but selling at $ 5k complete with lower. For that amount, seriously, the LWRCI M6 series are much better and in the same league wrt to quality (at less than half the price, with locally manufactured spares readily available).

The closest I can see anyone getting in SA will be the MR223/MR556, but it's nothing more than a neutered wanna-be HK416. If it isn't the real deal I sure as shit am not interested. An HK416 upper on a quality lower, however... we can dream. Damn fine rifle.

Banned

Was just talking to an SF buddy who recently did a shoot w/some 416's on a static range. Said they had like 3 cases of the actual piston rod snapping and flying off up to 50m in various directions. Dunno what kind of punishment they were delivering to them but I'd imagine it involved a lot of rounds.

In other news- http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/...ategory_id=260

...I use these guys for all my after-market RAS's. Its really good stuff.

Guys I work with went to the HK factory in Germany ( yeah wish i went) and did armors course and instructors course on a few of their weapons. They shot the 416 and were telling me that the instructors were more excited about other weapons that the 416. They said if you shoot the 416 the whole day, your shoulder is very sore...... not sure

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

@ Ghost, Waiting for you boet, I am ready for a week or two of Magpul, Larry Vickers, Kyle Lamb etc etc training... haha

Banned

Can't imagine why. The piston system is supposed to keep much of the discharge energy forward of the receiver, plus 5.56 is pretty tame. Maybe it was a 417?

Hey,

No they said the 416. Why they said that I have no clue. Anyway, would be nice to have...

I shot the SIG 516, designed and built by the guy that originally designed the H&K 416.

When he wanted to make improvements to the H&K 416, H&K wouldn't let him.... so SIG Sauer stole him and he designed the SIG 516 & 517.
    The SIGs are awesome rifles! From a 7.5" SBR to a 20" DMR. Haven't heard if they have been commercially released yet.
    He is best who is trained in the severest school! Fear no man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I shot the SIG 516, designed and built by the guy that originally designed the H&K 416.

When he wanted to make improvements to the H&K 416, H&K wouldn't let him.... so SIG Sauer stole him and he designed the SIG 516 & 517.
    The SIGs are awesome rifles! From a 7.5" SBR to a 20" DMR. Haven't heard if they have been commercially released yet.
    I have yet to see or shoot one but the 516's would seem to be shipping now in the states...

http://www.impactguns.com/store/sig516.html
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast