Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio 9mm

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

Default Tanfoglio 9mm

HI All

Cuz and i went to range sat afternoon for some Triggertime. He owns a Tanfoglio (9mm), not sure but think its a P19.
    Two issues came up constantly for me
    1. the gun is fitted with an aftermarket rear sight, so one has to "lift" the front blade +- 1mm above the rear sight of normal alignment( post level with rear blade) for the gun to shoot accurately.

2. When i shoot the gun it fails to lock open when empty, happens every 20-30 rounds. Funny thing, i fired one hand and slide locks open everytime.

So, AFA the sight problem, does he need a new rear sight or can it be corrected and secondly, do i limpwrist the pistol. i have fired many other pistols and has never had this happen to me. maybe the gun just dont like me coz it dont happen to the owner when he shoots.

any advice/ comments welcome

User

Default Re: Tanfoglio 9mm

Your left thumb is probably contacting the slide stop hence the failure to lock open. Shooting one handed nothing is contacting the slide stop.

User

I'm not going to comment on the sights, as for the slide lock, I suspect mag-springs...
    I suspect, if you weak-wrist, the pistol tilts back, allowing the slide lock to be flung into position as well as the slide possibly remaining in the back position for longer, thus more time for the lock to catch it…
    Any ways, I love my P19 & looking at importing a complete set of springs, pins hammer & sear. 17 years & 50 000+ shots later, I think she deserves it…
    Rgds
    SvN

Sights are individualistic to some degree. That is, sights that work for me may not work for you and vice versa. If your cuz also needs to lift the front sight to hit where he wants then if at all possible he needs to just replace the front blade with something lower...much cheaper than replacing the rear. (lowering the front blade will make the POI higher, which is what you are doing by raising the blade over the 'level' point now...rear sight works opposite) Clear as mud?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

@T, think ur right about my left thumb, have to concentrate where i put it

thanx for replies guys.

User

Like ikor said, sights differ for everyone. If both of you have to raise the front sight above the rear, the front blade is too high and I would suggest you organize a date between miss Tanfoglio and mr Dremmel.

User

Before Mr Dremmel molests Miss Tanfog, has an experienced shooter shot the gun and confirmed there is an issue. No offence is intended but we often see people attempting to fix shooter error with gun modification

User

I have a Tanfog TA90. Very similar to the P19. Some of my old original mags fail to lock the slide back on empty. Bought three new factory mags recently and they work perfectly. Probably the weaker springs in the old mags.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Before Mr Dremmel molests Miss Tanfog, has an experienced shooter shot the gun and confirmed there is an issue. No offence is intended but we often see people attempting to fix shooter error with gun modification
    both of us not very experienced, not to badmouth him or boast, but his accuracy sucks so i cant say how he keeps his sights, he says straight on top. i think hes cheating coz i outshoot him keeping the front sight higher. we did a little test

five black dots the size of R2 coin, 3meters downrange, five rounds

me score= 3 out of five
    he score= 1 out of five

he bought the gun with this sight so no idea where it comes from. i think the guy just slapped it on because it looks cool but never bothered to set it properly. personally i don't think that sight belongs on that particular gun. Will have it checked out by a smith soon

User

Sean, from who did yuo get the mags and mind if I ask what you paid..? PM me if you prefere...
    Thx
    SvN

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

SAML, possible posting a pic of the weapon & site?
    Rgds
    SvN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast