Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Armed shotgun

Default Re: Armed shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Has anybody had experience of the Armed pump action tactical shotgun lately?
    I have the semi-auto Armed lethal 1.

First off I'm no shotgun expert and have only shot the firearm a few times. I bought it for 3 guns and DMG. I'm more of a pistol and rifle man as far as preferences go. I'm by no means a top, or even middle contender, so did not want to splash out on the scatter gun.

For its price I was not expecting to much.
    First time I took it out. It just about fell apart. I invested in some loctite which seems to have done the trick. I have become quite the little weapons smith.

I also put a weaker spring into the slide release button.

I quite like it now and enjoy shooting it. I do however feel like i will be spending more money upgrading and fixing it.

Quad loads: The shells ridges sometimes get stuck going in. You sort of have to keep your fingers on the top of the shells to push them down as you push them back. So a little wear on the frame might be coming up.

Anyway that's my 2 cent's.

I have the Armed tactical pump action. The sights and "heat shield" as they call it- aluminum strip covering the barrel- fell off after only the first few shots. Wouldn't recommend it at all. I think there's better shotties at reasonable prices out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I received my 12 gauge pump action ARMED Gladiator a few weeks ago, only did 5 rounds so far, no falling apart yet.
    Holding thumbs and hoping for the best in future.

User

Hi all

I know this is an old thread, however I just wanted to give my feedback on the Armed 12 gauge pump action model.
    I recently bought one (abt 9 months ago) and received my license end of January 2018. I have not used the gun a lot yet, however it feels fine.
    I have the Gladiator model, it does not come with any chokes though.
    Its obviously not the best quality available at R12 000 but I did not want to spend a fortune on a shotgun.
    Ill keep evaluating the gun and see how it performs and what reliability is like.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Armed1 View Post
    Hi all

I know this is an old thread, however I just wanted to give my feedback on the Armed 12 gauge pump action model.
    I recently bought one (abt 9 months ago) and received my license end of January 2018. I have not used the gun a lot yet, however it feels fine.
    I have the Gladiator model, it does not come with any chokes though.
    Its obviously not the best quality available at R12 000 but I did not want to spend a fortune on a shotgun.
    Ill keep evaluating the gun and see how it performs and what reliability is like.
    Thank you for your feedback.

Was there any particular reason for buying the Armed over a new Winchester, Mossberg or other USA made shotty? Reason I ask, 12k seems steep?

User

Hi

Sure no problem:)
    No reason really except I do not have a lot of experience with different gun brands, this was my first ever shotgun, it looked nice and the dealer said its not a bad make so i went with his recommendation. I guess its a bit steep, but then again operating costs for a business these days is high with everything being so expensive so i guess 12K is about right for a cheappy shotgun. I agree R10k would have been nicer though. I looked at some other more established brands just for interest sake and they are quite pricey. If the Armed fails I will write it off as school fees and pay double / double and a half for a more established brand :)
    The Beretta FS92 was a good price, half of the normal price so at least i saved some money there.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Armed1 View Post
    Hi

Sure no problem:)
    No reason really except I do not have a lot of experience with different gun brands, this was my first ever shotgun, it looked nice and the dealer said its not a bad make so i went with his recommendation. I guess its a bit steep, but then again operating costs for a business these days is high with everything being so expensive so i guess 12K is about right for a cheappy shotgun. I agree R10k would have been nicer though. I looked at some other more established brands just for interest sake and they are quite pricey. If the Armed fails I will write it off as school fees and pay double / double and a half for a more established brand :)
    The Beretta FS92 was a good price, half of the normal price so at least i saved some money there.
    12k for a turkish pump action is about twice as much as you should have paid

User

Hi

I'll definitely make a point of enquiring here next time before I buy :)

User

be aware that turkey makes ALOT of shotguns for alot of companies

the cz 612 is made in turkey, even has the same walnut stock set as my dashprod

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    be aware that turkey makes ALOT of shotguns for alot of companies

the cz 612 is made in turkey, even has the same walnut stock set as my dashprod
    Point. Should have stated 'Turkish brand'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast