Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User
    North of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and also Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Talking Long Gun Registry to be Eliminated In Canada

Strong political action by Canadian gun owners is starting to work. Canadians elected a Conservative government. This previously minority government won a majority last night. One of its first priorities is the elimination of the expensive, useless, and probably unconstitutional Long Gun Registry.

Here's a link to the CSSA's statement regarding the election:

http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/2011/05/majority.html

It can be done!

Default Re: Long Gun Registry to be Eliminated In Canada

Well done guys, keep on trying til its all gone!

User

Nice! Well done on an excellent victory!

Awesome!!!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

User

Good stuff! Another chip in the wall...

Would hold off on the celebrations until the registry deleted.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User
    North of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and also Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Thanks guys. It took several years of mobilizing the grass roots, letter writing, changing the minds of anti-gun editors, and turfing anti-gun politicians in elections. Canadian gun owners are seen as a powerful voting block. We will prevail in close ridings (districts).

Camo is right about holding off celebrations. But PM Harper keeps his promises.

The elimination of the long-gun registry is a start. We also have to eliminate The Firearms Act, which makes possession of a firearm a criminal offense. Then the government issues licences for acquisition and possession, which it can revoke at any time.

As you probably know, internationally funded anti-gun Canadian Wendy Cukier was behind the registry and, I believe and have been told was the force behind your registry program. Also, I have been told that you are stuck with the Canadian registry software. And, I read the news too. I'm aware of the mess of the South African gun registry.

Just as in the U.S., Canada has the problem of what we call "The Fudds". Named after Elmer Fudd, the clueless hunter in the Bugs Bunny cartoons, these people, mostly hunters , do not contribute to pro-gun organizations, will gladly sacrifice the rights handgun and black gun owners--and turn their noses up at them, and believe that government will never take their bolts or pumps.

The Fudds have never heard of Wendy Cukier, Rebecca Peters, George Soros, or the other international civilian disarmament conspirators.

When we tell them that their bolts and optical sights will be labelled as sniper weapons after all the handguns and semis are seized, they laugh. These people are unreachable. I wonder if you have this type of gunnie in South Africa.

Sorry. I may have gone off-thread, but I kept typing, got something off my chest, and feel much better.

Quote Originally Posted by V65Magnafan View Post
    The elimination of the long-gun registry is a start. We also have to eliminate The Firearms Act, which makes possession of a firearm a criminal offense.
    Why is the long gun registry being eliminated? Why should the Firearms Act be repealed? Were there specific concerns or difficulties encountered which have led to what appears to be a fairly radical step in reversing the legislation?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Why is the long gun registry being eliminated? Why should the Firearms Act be repealed? Were there specific concerns or difficulties encountered which have led to what appears to be a fairly radical step in reversing the legislation?
    Where've you been WZ? It's the same legislation that our FCA was modeled on, with the same crap.

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Where've you been WZ? It's the same legislation that our FCA was modeled on, with the same crap.
    Yes, I know but I want to hear firsthand from the Canadians what the primary drivers were. Whatever their experience, it's relevant to our environment. The failures that drive their elimination/s become pertinent to the arguments we have. If the Canadians couldn't get it right (for whatever reason) this becomes ammo for us and we really need to get the word out there on it. Or am I missing something?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast