Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tctical Batons

Default Re: Tctical Batons

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    Small thread hijack - Anyone surprised he saw a Z88? I why why why why wonder how....
    I only realised it was a Z when I saw my BIL's service pistol and recognised it instantly.

User

Not a dig at you mate :)
    As you noted SAPS standard issue....
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I only realised it was a Z when I saw my BIL's service pistol and recognised it instantly.

User

An ASP is an Awesome alternate weapon and I have had the 'good fortune' of being able to use mine on two seperate occasions ... Please keep in mind that there is No reason why one cannot (after having accessed the Tactical baton) make good use of it whilst closed. Using the Tactical Baton whilst closed and in a clinch type situation is much the same as using a blade in Extreme Close Quarters. It can also be used very successfully as a 'pain compliance' tool (trapping an exposed piece of skin between your thumb and the baton and manipulating it accordingly is VERY painful).

Experiment and keep in mind that this is another great tool that can be used in conjunction with your handgun as a potential less lethal option

BE Safe!

Kind Regards,
    RobertC
    www.pdssa.webs.com
    “Practice Peace, Train Chaos!”

User

I once did a training session with 47 where we fought stick against knife. It was frighteningly easy for the person with the knife to go through the person with the stick's defenses and rule the fight at grappling distance. I must add that none of us had any training with a stick, but then again we didn't have much knife training either

Banned

I do a little club/pub security when I'm between gigs. I typically keep a Spring Billy handy and I've had to go to town a couple times on some deserving individuals. They're EXTREMELY effective for repelling multiple attackers and/or gaining compliance w/out the unnecessary worry of potentially braining them with the random head blow.

User

Are these batons legal in SA? Might be visiting in December and could be the only option for me, that and a Kimber LIFEACT. I did a basic course in Escrima and the instructor told me very few people would continue fighting after a hard blow to the knee. You can also throw them if needed, but leaving you unarmed.

User

Knees are great targets, especially if you fake a high line attack first and then redirect. imagine a giant C, swing a highline forehand horizontal strike, then drop and come back with a lowline backhand horizontal to the Knee. Apart from pain, the guy can't fight or pursue you if his mobility is taken away.

AFAIK its legal to carry a baton. Its the circumstances of its use that will be judged, and a lot depends on the specific officer you encounter.

the Kimber Lifeact looks interesting. Problems I see are that its only a 2-shot, and it has a "pyrotechnic power drive" which may or may not be a problem. "anything propelled down a barrel by an explosive charge" is falling into the firearm side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    Knees are great targets, especially if you fake a high line attack first and then redirect. imagine a giant C, swing a highline forehand horizontal strike, then drop and come back with a lowline backhand horizontal to the Knee. Apart from pain, the guy can't fight or pursue you if his mobility is taken away.

AFAIK its legal to carry a baton. Its the circumstances of its use that will be judged, and a lot depends on the specific officer you encounter.

the Kimber Lifeact looks interesting. Problems I see are that its only a 2-shot, and it has a "pyrotechnic power drive" which may or may not be a problem. "anything propelled down a barrel by an explosive charge" is falling into the firearm side of things.

If I recall, Dave Sheer brought some of these and the JPX in. They had a bit of a fight with CFR about them but they were cleared for sale without a licence.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Hi guys I am looking for one of those telescopic batons that open on the first strike from a very compact package that will fit inside your fist. I am looking for the real deal not the cheap generic flea market type. Perhaps someone can steer me in the direction of a shop or website that stock these in 2017?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Hi guys I am looking for one of those telescopic batons that open on the first strike from a very compact package that will fit inside your fist. I am looking for the real deal not the cheap generic flea market type. Perhaps someone can steer me in the direction of a shop or website that stock these in 2017?
    Check out TacQm or Sharpedge.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast