Page 29 of 181 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by furpile View Post
    I went the GOSA route since the CFR was not really helpful in any way. Although I think there are a few people there that will help if you can get to them. After the captain told me to resubmit my application since he is sure they lost it after so much time has elapsed I couldn't take it any more. During all the months I tried to enquire on the status of my application nobody wanted to even make an effort of seeing what exactly is happening with my application. So now they have an official enquiry that they have to respond to. At this stage another 3 weeks is nothing compared to another 5 months if I restart the application.
    Yes, maybe I should just do it, I got through to Isabel Masser, she mailed me and ,CC'ed Captain Desere Beukes, did what she said, filled in the duplicate that the DFO just had to Email to her. The DFO cant get it right. I have been trying for two weeks to get hold of Isabel again, I keep on phoning and Emailing with no joy. She did admit that they lost mine after the fingerprints and photo stage. She was very helpfull the first day, but now the duplicate is sitting on the DFO's desk, dead in the water.

User

Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

Further competency for handgun

Handed in: 19/03/2018
    Receiving attention af DFO: 19/03/2018
    In for Consideration: 29/05/2018
    Approved: ......

DFO told me that it will be approved by next week

User

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Adam View Post
    Handed in: 13/03/2018
    Receiving attention at DFO: 20/03/2018
    At CRC: 19/05/2018 (called)
    Completed at CRC: 25/05/2018 (called 27/05/2018)
    In consideration: n/a
    Approved: n/a

Time to start shopping around for my edc yet?
    Looks like things have slowed down at CFR. No update since, every time I call I get told it's completed crc and will take a while.

User

Just adding to my little adventure...day 112(working days)

Finally got hold of Cpt Beukes at the CFR, after not giving up, finally getting her direct line, phoning that line non stop till she eventually answered. When I mentioned my name, I could hear that they knew who was talking.

I explained to her that the DFO is having problems E-mailing my docs to them, she made the DFO out as being incompetent and in the same time admitted it's the CFR's fault that they lost the docs.

I then asked if I can fetch the docs and scan them in and send it to them myself, she said yes. I left for the police station, just to get there and they said that they sent all the duplicates to the CFR last week already.

So now my application is again in a pile of applications on the way to the CFR.

I then made copies and got a commissioner of oaths to sign them just in case, and anyways sent my Certificate, results and ID through to them without the SAPS duplicate doc.....just in case.

Eish....

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post
    Just adding to my little adventure...day 112(working days)

Finally got hold of Cpt Beukes at the CFR, after not giving up, finally getting her direct line, phoning that line non stop till she eventually answered. When I mentioned my name, I could hear that they knew who was talking.

I explained to her that the DFO is having problems E-mailing my docs to them, she made the DFO out as being incompetent and in the same time admitted it's the CFR's fault that they lost the docs.

I then asked if I can fetch the docs and scan them in and send it to them myself, she said yes. I left for the police station, just to get there and they said that they sent all the duplicates to the CFR last week already.

So now my application is again in a pile of applications on the way to the CFR.

I then made copies and got a commissioner of oaths to sign them just in case, and anyways sent my Certificate, results and ID through to them without the SAPS duplicate doc.....just in case.

Eish....
    Are you still waiting for competency?!

User

I handed in at Lyttelton a month ago and have not received a SMS. Must I phone Lyttelton and ask to speak to the licensing department

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrr.... View Post
    Are you still waiting for competency?!
    Yip, I finally got the DFO to Email my application AGAIN sitting right next to her and telling her how to cc the captain, to the right people at the CFR, phoned the captain at CFR asked her did you receive it, she said yes. Got another Email with the outstanding sections that I need to send again. So the DFO phoned me to come in tomorrow to fill in those sections again. At least something is happening now.....eish.

User

Quote Originally Posted by kwd1989 View Post
    Further competency for handgun

Handed in: 19/03/2018
    Receiving attention af DFO: 19/03/2018
    In for Consideration: 29/05/2018
    Approved: ......

DFO told me that it will be approved by next week
    Hi Guys

what is the time frame from this point till its approved?

User

Wife's additional competency is now in for 100+ days.

User

Finally!!!!

Got approval SMS just now.......22 Dec 2017 ....lots and losts of phone calls after lost application, duplicates etc etc. E-mail after E-mail.

22 Dec 2017 - 15 June 2018

Page 29 of 181 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast