Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
Results 251 to 259 of 259
  1. #251
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rangeview
    Age
    39
    Posts
    468

    Default

    I did further comp for slr rifle and shorty and renewed my handgun, my partner did her handgun, we did the first of Jan too, mine were all approved middle April amd she got her approval last week.
    They say 4 months for comp, I just kept calling weekly until we got them
    Quote Originally Posted by furpile View Post
    I cannot remember the exact day, but my competency for handgun, shotgun, rifle and SLR was submitted in the first week of January, along with my wife's competency for handgun. Sms was received on 9 Jan for both. Phoned the CFR in April and it was on 67 days. Next Monday will be 90 working days. Don't know what to do after that, maybe GOSA can assist with an email? I am a member.

    Just want to add, the local DFO was not very helpful. Started phoning them after 6 weeks, every time they just said I have to wait for 3 months without checking anything. After 3 months this became wait for an sms.

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

  2. #252
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    K-Pax
    Age
    40
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

    As of today, mine is 96 working days in. I kept phoning and eventually got to a lady that said that 20,21,22 Feb competencies were lost, they did go through the process of fingerprints, photo etc. and that I needed to go back to the DFO and hand in a duplicate with just my results, competency certificate from training institution and copy of ID and then for the DFO to Email her directly.....apparently it should then pass in the next 3 to 4 days.

    So I just did that...

  3. #253

    Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

    Application for competency (handgun)

    Handed in: 13/03/2018
    Receiving attention at DFO: 20/03/2018
    At CRC: 19/05/2018 (called)

    Anybody know what's the average time from here on?

  4. #254
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Adam View Post
    Application for competency (handgun)

    Handed in: 13/03/2018
    Receiving attention at DFO: 20/03/2018
    At CRC: 19/05/2018 (called)

    Anybody know what's the average time from here on?

    Mine has been At CRC for about 3-4 weeks now

    Handed in: 19/03/2018
    Receiving attention af DFO: 19/03/2018

    Can't remember the exact date it went to CRC, but up to the point where it went to CRC was real quick, the part after that has been what feels like ages, today is working day 41 for me, so the wait can still be a long one.

  5. #255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    Mine has been At CRC for about 3-4 weeks now

    Handed in: 19/03/2018
    Receiving attention af DFO: 19/03/2018

    Can't remember the exact date it went to CRC, but up to the point where it went to CRC was real quick, the part after that has been what feels like ages, today is working day 41 for me, so the wait can still be a long one.
    Well mine has been at CFR a week only, so it's been slow to this point. It only moved from dfo beginning of may. So let's hope it speeds up now

  6. #256

    Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

    If it is at the CFR, in for final consideration, it will take about a month.

  7. #257
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Age
    37
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

    Quote Originally Posted by 45acpglock View Post
    If it is at the CFR, in for final consideration, it will take about a month.
    This from personal experience or trying to work out an average like myself but deep down know I'm just wasting my time and being impatient

  8. #258

    Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

    I call them every night with the hope of getting them in a good mood and they somehow push it through. I know it's a long shot but I can get an update every day 🙈. From what I read, my app should take another two weeks

  9. #259
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Adam View Post
    I call them every night with the hope of getting them in a good mood and they somehow push it through. I know it's a long shot but I can get an update every day . From what I read, my app should take another two weeks
    I used to phone them every day, now I am just resigned to waiting

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Similar Threads

  1. New Competency certificates
    By G-force in forum Firearm Licensing and Re-licensing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 21:17
  2. Competency Certificates
    By Alan in forum Firearm Licensing and Re-licensing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-11-2012, 10:24
  3. 2nd Round Competency Certificates
    By Revolver in forum Firearm Licensing and Re-licensing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 12:27
  4. Multiple competency certificates?
    By Prodigal in forum Firearm Licensing and Re-licensing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-03-2010, 17:13
  5. Renewal of Competency Certificates
    By SSP in forum Firearms Legal Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 15:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •