Thread: Fallkniven F1

Default Fallkniven F1

There's been a bit of talk recently about fixed blades in the hunting / survival / bushcraft type category and I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I really enjoy the Fallkniven F1 for a practical, everyday, everywhere, always there fixed blade. It's a knife that's difficult to classify as it doesn't come with a cliché, it just 'does what it says on the tin'. It also puts practical into tactical and visa versa.

Whether you're hunting, fishing, surviving, or carving up that steak, which by the way it's great at, the Fallkniven is a great no nonsense go to knife.

From the Fallkniven site:

With this knife a new world standard is being set! Important factors such as technical design, ergonomy and economy are brought together within the model F1, and represent the foremost concept available today. The knife meets and surpasses by far established international standards for strength, personal security and value for money.

Mod. F1 is the official survival knife for pilots within the Swedish Air Force since 1995.

Mod. F1 represents an entirely new philosophy with respect to knives for survival use. At the same time it combines the experience of generations of knife manufacturing with modern technology. The handy size, the well thought-out design, the incredibly tough laminated steel are only a few of many details making this knife something you can rely on.

Mod. F1 is a handy knife and is tremendously versatile. The safe, pleasant grip together with a very hard yet tough laminated steel, makes the knife very useful for all kind of daily work but also demanding tasks. You can choose from two kinds of sheaths - an all-covering pouch type, which safely houses the entire knife or an extremely tough double-safety, one hand operated zytel sheath.

Blade Length 95mm (3¾in)
    Blade Material Laminated VG-10
    Blade Thickness 5mm (¼in)
    Handle Material Thermorun
    Overall Length 210mm (8¼in)
    Weight 150g (52⁄7oz)

Check out these two videos for more details:

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Default Re: Fallkniven F1

I would also get used to that one quickly

User

Who stocks them?

User

I've had trouble finding anybody locally that stocks them. Impala Arms in Bloemfontein used to be a distributor, but they are no longer listed on the Fallkniven website. The spot for SA distributor on their website said "VACANT" the last time I checked.

Not wanting to go to all the issues of importing one privately from the US (and needing a good hunter urgently a while back), I opted for a Cold Steel Pendleton Hunter. Not the same thing, but similar, and suites my needs.

Would still love the F1 (or H1) though. Bulletproof knives.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPlastic View Post
    . The spot for SA distributor on their website said "VACANT" the last time I checked.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    So Frank. are you vacant, or are you bringing them in?

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST View Post
    Speak to Craig
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST View Post
    We're currently looking into this and have chatted to the guys at Fallkniven.

Check out the Fallkniven knives at: http://www.fallkniven.com

And let us know at the usual address if there's one you're after: admin@gunsite.co.za
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

These are great knives, most guys I hunt with carry them.

Another popular Swedish hunting knife is the Eka SwingBlade http://www.eka-knivar.se/index.asp?lang=UK