Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Some of my Favourite Books

Thanks for the Column Craig lv29

Some of my favourite Books
    The Jungle is Neutral. (Col Spencer Chapman): Its all about your attitude

The Long Walk - (Slavomir Racwiz) Could u walk out of Siberia, thru the Gobi desert & over the Himalaya's into India.

The Gulag Archipelago ( Alexander Solzenitstein). This is why you/we should be armed & ready.

The Naked Island (Russell Brandon). "Beautifully" written account of being a Japanese P.O.W.

The Reason Why (Cecil Woodham-Smith) Story of charge of the Light Brigade. Takes long to get to the point, but then that is the "reason". Excellent.

Urban Survival (Ragnar Benson) Good advice. Ask anybody living in Zimbabwe.

To Ride Shoot Straight & Speak the truth (Col Jeff Cooper) Practical & eloquent essays on things "gunsite forum members" enjoy.

The Forgotten Soldier (Guy Sajer) War is not fun. To be an infantryman on the eastern front even less so. Good Story.

Art of the rifle. (Col Jeff Cooper). Good!

More to follow.....

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Default Re: Some of my Favourite Books

Generation Kill - Evan Wright: series on mnet now, good watch & excellent read.

ABC's of Reloading - Dean A. Grinnell: good reading, taught me a lot about reloading.
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Banned

John S. Farnam - The Farnam Method of Defensive Handgunning (essential reading for anyone that carries or intends carrying a handgun for self-defense)

Massad Ayoob - Stressfire, Vol. 1: Gunfighting for Police: Advanced Tactics and Techniques (this book has probably saved a lot of lives)

Craig T. Boddington - Make It Accurate: Get the Maximum Performance from Your Hunting Rifle (for both first time hunters and old, reading this should yield more venison in the freezer)

Jared M. Diamond - Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies (answers some of those nagging and often politically incorrect questions about why the world and its people look and act the way they do)

Noam Chomsky (reading any of his books will be like turning a light in your brain on and may just leave you feeling a little bit nervous about 9/11, global superpowers and how the world ticks)

Somchem Reloading Powders Manual (the Bible)

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck (if you want to know what really happened at Beslan this is the only book I know of that will tell you...in detail...you will never be the same after you read it)

On Killing by Dave Grossman (a bit over the top on the video game analogy IMO but a very good and thought provoking read...especially so if you carry or own a gun for self defense)

Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

My current read:

1. Green Eyes & Black Rifles - A Warriors Guide to the Combat Carbine - by Kyle E Lamb. AR content.

2. Brownells 2008 Catalog

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    My current read:

1. Green Eyes & Black Rifles - A Warriors Guide to the Combat Carbine - by Kyle E Lamb. AR content.
    Looks Good. Please let us know if it is worth the $34. ;)
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by dhignett

Noam Chomsky (reading any of his books will be like turning a light in your brain on and may just leave you feeling a little bit nervous about 9/11, global superpowers and how the world ticks)
    oh mmmm! not one I would usually associate with a shooter at all!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Massad Ayoob - Stressfire, Vol. 1: Gunfighting for Police: Advanced Tactics and Techniques (this book has probably saved a lot of lives)

Yes it has.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abhm
    oh mmmm! not one I would usually associate with a shooter at all!
    Associate in a good way or associate in a bad way? I should also mention John Pilger in the same breath as Chomsky. Not as prolific but as insightful and anarchistic.

Highly recommend these:

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell
    House to house by David Bellavia
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast