Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Default Re: Some of my Favourite Books

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    I am a huge Pratchett fan
    I can't believe I missed this opportunity.

Anyway. Yes. Yes, you are.

Ah. All is well in the world again.
    Huh??

???
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

For us at home right now, it's Dean Koontz. He writes some really good & scary books. Stephen King gives him a thumbs up quite a lot so he must be a good author.

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

I think Koontz is an OK writer whereas King is my personal favourite of his genre. The Bachman books are OK, but Dark Half, Needfull Things & Bag of Bones are my favourite re-reads of King's.
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

+1 on that selection from King.

User

Handloading for competition, making the target bigger - Glen D zediker
    A lot more than the ABC's of reloading. If you want to be a good longrange shot this is the book to help you get the loading part right.

Any book by Wayne van Zwoll. This man knows how to shoot and how to teach others to improve their skills

My wife bought me a copy of eagle strike by Col Jan at the aim show.bless her she even got it signed for me. Am about 3 quarters finished it is really an excellent book unlike most others on the subject.
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Quote Originally Posted by abhm
    My wife bought me a copy of eagle strike by Col Jan at the aim show.bless her she even got it signed for me. Am about 3 quarters finished it is really an excellent book unlike most others on the subject.
    Seriously jealous! ;)
    I bought a copy but Col. Breytenbach wasn't at the show? I have heard he has had a serious heart op. I went to the talk on Cassinga, & the talk by Gen. Geldenhuys. Both very interesting. Instead got my "Eagle Strike" book signed by Tommie Lamprecht.

Did u attend any of the talks?
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Just finished a book by David Bellavia called "House to House", about the house clearing the US Army Infantry had to do in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. confused0068 F$#king awesome! Highely recommended happy0065

History of Sniping and Sharpshooting by John Plaster

Still busy reading - but REALLY enjoying it!
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

Author: john Wilcox
    Title: The Masters of Battle: The Vikings/Englishbowmen/Washingtons's Rifleman/U boat commanders & Panzer Commander's.

Still trying 2 figure out why he did not include the Boers.......
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast