Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Level 1 Qualification 16 July & Competition 23 July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Emilio, you have such a way with words.....

How long till you get your license for your baby? You need to come play along...............
    I am just waiting for them to finish building the rifle. They produce them in batches, I was told. They say 2- 3 months from the time they start building. (I think they started building 4 weeks ago if I am not mistaken)

I recently had a peanut sized SW MP40 smash through the licencing process in 11 weeks.

So hopefully, its Build time of 9 weeks + 11 weeks licencing time + 2 weeks card printing time = 22 ish weeks from now?

User

Thanks to Camo and Ciappa for assisting us and all the arrangements were spot on. It was really nice to see everything being well orginized and ready by the time we got there! Congrats to 47 and Mrs.47 !! You two are truly an inspiration !!
    Lesson......I realized that my lungs need more air !! hahahahaha Shooting after the hike was not as easy as I thaught it would be. So I decided to up my tempo to get back into shape!! A diet alone is not good enough to shake of a belly !! hahahahaha !!
    The day was really interesting, we had fun, I learned a lot and I am looking forward to participating again.

User

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

It was a pleasure spending time with you guys and your families. The time and effort you guys put in is really inspiring, and once again, confirmation I have to get off my ass and train, train, train.

Thanks again.

Thanks Mag!
    Was great to see you and J.
    Really appreciate you guys making the trip.

Will post more info on Monday.

User

Ja, big thanks to you Camo.Still recovering, will post in detail tommorrow.
    1. Courses where good and challenging
    2. Scoring sort of balanced out in the end. I have an idea of a small change. Maybe I am biased due to result, but the weights and also individual and team might need to be seperated at result time.
    3. Reactive targets are WAY too much fun.
    4. Organization was smooth. Big thanks to Mrs Camo. Time keeping great, We finished on time.

I keep on taking a peek at the stuff just to remind myself. hehe

Next year will be a big fight to take it away from me.WAS SO MUCH FUN!
    Thanks for the effort Camo. You made so much effort.

Bushboy, time to organize our getaway. We can be going hunting!
    Last edited by camouflage762; 25-07-2011 at 06:18.

Weather: Fine & Warm

Congratulations to Grobbie, winner of our inaugural competition.

The competition started at 08h30

Scenarios ranged from EDC type shooting & stabbing, running & gunning, combatives and a knife fight with marker pens.

In the team section of the competition the hike and shoot the competitors were dropped off at an unknown location, given a rough compass bearing to walk on through the veldt.

Distance was 2.5km through shoulder height grass and no track, followed by wading through knee deep mud and then shooting from the 50m line, then having to dash to cross the finish line!

In terms of time there was 4 seconds between the two teams!
    It really was a close finish.

The f&m section started from the 600 metre mark & popping coloured balloons all the way to the 50 metre.
    Sean hit his final one balloon from 120m out! (Ant hills really are natures rifle rest)

Lucky shot of the day must go to Grobbie who popped a balloon from 200m!

This was followed by a first aid bandaging test & lastly by a rifle cleaning test.

Those who had family watching & had brought kids were able to plink with the .22 afterwards.

The range cleaned up & competitors washed up and we departed the range at about 14h50.

It had been an extremely physical day for the competitors!

This was followed by cold beers, the prize giving & lunch at a nearby hotel.

To celebrate Grobbie filled his trophy with beer and passed it around for all to share!

All participants received certificates & a fabric patch.

My grateful thanks to the participants, the families who came out to support them & those spectators who made the effort to check out Sports adventure Shooting.

The weighting of the scores for each of the stages needs to be looked at, however I reckon we are on the right road.

Special thanks to Mag for his assistance in designing our logo, and, to Mrs Camo for her help with the admin & scoring.

Sports adventure Shooting: Ready? Willing? Able?

Camo
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Whoo Hoo! Got another busy day to day but will try post a detailed account later if I can. Tghanks guys for a great (hard) fun day.

User

Here are a few pics of me taking part in a few of the events.

The Run and Gun was fast and furious and was a good test of the participants ability to shoot quickly while on the move.

Fire and Movement. This tests everything. Your gear, your fitness, marksmanship and your ability to work together with your team.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Ok got a few minutes so will give my impressions on the day.

Firstly, a huge thankyou to Camo, Mrs Camo and all others involved for an awsome day on the range.

I tried really hard to get my LM 6 out of jail (Ok there are worse places than Southern arms) but to no avail so I had to go with my trusty old 30-06. Let me tell you that 170rnds 30-06 is is heavy, along with 100rnds 40S&W, 2l water and all other gear it seems to get a lot heavier though, when you have to keep up with Grobbie, especially if you have ducks disease like me!

The first set of excercises involved some Every Day Carry (EDC) type scenarios. They are designed to mimic real life situations that all of us may face on the street or at home. For these we are all set up according to the way we carry and conceal on a daily basis. They included engaging multiple targets on the move whilst getting off the x both to the left and the right, running away, encountering stoppage at bad breath distance (accessing secondary/blade), knife fight simulation and 2 on 1 combative. This certainly gets the heart rate up and adrenaline pumping

We then paired up to take on the hike. For my sins, I paired up with Grobbie who is significantly taller than me (ok so everyone is taller than me!). We were then blind folded and dropped off in the veld with a compass bearing to get back. Here my fitness level let me down a bit as I had to run just to keep up with Giraffe, I mean Grobbie but we still made it back in under 30 minutes (2.5km no roads or tracks but including a water crossing) to get to the firing line, where we quickly popped the baloon and put scoring rounds onto the target.

The fire and Movement stage was loads of fun and even if I do say so myself, our communication was great and Grobbie and I finnished it well under par time. At the end of it I could have hurled up my lungs they were burning so much. Its a credit to all the shooters that they all put accurate fire onto target inspite of the fact that they were exerting themselves physically. This is much harder than it seems.

The first aid stage and rifle cleaning stage were interesting and its not often that you leave a shoot with a clean rifle. After the shoot, some of the kids got to do some plinking with Mag (thanks dude!) and his 22, and some bigger kids got to play with Camo's shotty. At the end of the day I must say that the beers were particularly refreshing and the company was relaxing.

Fantastic day, thanks again guys!

User

Excellent Read BushBoy ... Not everyone is taller than you - EVERYONE is taller than me!
    Good thing I wasn't paired up with Grobbie as I would have had to have run all the way :)

See you at the next Training session!

Kind Regards,
    RobertC
    www.pdssa.webs.com
    “Practice Peace, Train Chaos!”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast