Can anyone shed some light on the internal workings of the Central Firearms Registry? I phone once a week to check up on the progress of my license and after going through my ID number I am told the same thing, which is "it is under consideration and phone back in a months time".

I can only assume that the people in the call centre type in your ID number and get a report on their screen which says "Under Consideration".

Are there several steps involved in "Under Consideration", so next time I phone I can asked pointed questions as to which stage of "Under Consideration" or is "Under Consideration" the term used to basically tell you that it is some where in the system between receiving the application and granting the license and we dont quite know what is happening.

I would (foolishly) like to believe that there are several stages that "Under Consideration" entails and that after each stage your application is updated and the information is captured on the system and progressed and you are able to access that information through the call centre