Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default What is the average waiting time for a license to be approved???

How long does one actually wait for their license from the moment its handed in at the DFO till its approved because I know my app is sill very new as I handed it at my DFO on Tuesday and was told the next day (Wednesday) to come in as I forgot to complete the one page of my app (stupid mistake) and I know it was put into the system that same day at Wierdabrug Police Station (Centurion) and I am yet to receive a SMS saying its been accepted at my police station which I find strange coz when I handed my competency application in earlier this year I got a SMS saying its been received by the Police Station the same day I handed my application in but after that SMS I never got any more status update SMS's and to phone the CFR every week to find out. My competency was approved 4 weeks after I handed my application in but it would be nice to know exactly where it is and I dont know who to phone to see if my license app is still at DFO or if its at the PO.
    So what would the average waiting time be so I can get an idea of when it would be a good time to start phoning the CFR.

Sorry if this has already been asked on the forum as I did do a search but did not find any results that had been posted within the past two years.

Default Re: What is the average waiting time for a license to be approved???

About as long as the average piece of string.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

You live in Centurion - you have an advantage already
    Month and ˝ to two months perhaps -

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mischif93 View Post
    How long does one actually wait for their license from the moment its handed in at the DFO till its approved because I know my app is sill very new as I handed it at my DFO on Tuesday and was told the next day (Wednesday) to come in as I forgot to complete the one page of my app (stupid mistake) and I know it was put into the system that same day at Wierdabrug Police Station (Centurion) and I am yet to receive a SMS saying its been accepted at my police station which I find strange coz when I handed my competency application in earlier this year I got a SMS saying its been received by the Police Station the same day I handed my application in but after that SMS I never got any more status update SMS's and to phone the CFR every week to find out. My competency was approved 4 weeks after I handed my application in but it would be nice to know exactly where it is and I dont know who to phone to see if my license app is still at DFO or if its at the PO.
    So what would the average waiting time be so I can get an idea of when it would be a good time to start phoning the CFR.

Sorry if this has already been asked on the forum as I did do a search but did not find any results that had been posted within the past two years.

Hi There

I handed in my application at the police station on the 1st of March 2013 and my license was approved and in for printing on the 16 April 2013

nice and fast!

User

Quote Originally Posted by jeanm View Post
    Hi There

I handed in my application at the police station on the 1st of March 2013 and my license was approved and in for printing on the 16 April 2013

nice and fast!
    So a month and ˝ then

User

Ok awesome thanks everyone this helped me get a good idea of how long I should wait till phone calls will be made :)

User

Handed in there as well at the end of Jan, they only send 2 sms's, one when its approved, and one when the card is at the station. Mine took 6 weeks and 2 days. So 1 1/2 months seems to be the average.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 308FN View Post
    Handed in there as well at the end of Jan, they only send 2 sms's, one when its approved, and one when the card is at the station. Mine took 6 weeks and 2 days. So 1 1/2 months seems to be the average.
    O ok so I see its a common thing with them. Wow yours seemed to go very fast nice. 1 1/2 wait it is.

My recent one was 8 weeks from application handed in until I had the card in my hand. Only sms I ever received was when it was approved and from then till card in hand was 3 days. KZN seem to print cards quicker than most other provinces. CFR are pretty good at telling you were it is in the system and I tracked mine through the various stages by calling them once a week. Generally once it is in consideration it is not long to wait. Go to the licences approved thread and you will glean a bit of info

User

Thanks Manyathelo I will head over their right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast