Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default New step at CFR: "Quality control"?

This is the first I have heard of it:

Spoke to a guy today who licensed an old 303. He is over 90 days and called CFR, to be told that the license has been approved but now needs to go through a step called "Quality control". That is where CFR checks all the details to be printed on the license card.

Does anyone know more?

The friendly officer at CFR also told him that the government extended the waiting period to 120 days, instead of 90 days.

User

Default Re: New step at CFR: "Quality control"?

How generous of them to give themselves more time to do their jobs. Hope they use the extra month to do it properly.

Will the "quality control" office also look at all those nonsensical refusals? Any bets?

User

just another frustration tactic

User

More fuckery.

User

Making shit up as they go along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

If they actually DID the quality control thing it would be nice...

My AKM (Automative Kalashnikov - A French AK!) that I licensed in 2009 after having to appeal it and get a gunsmiths report stating it is SEMI Only has been renewed as a Manually Operated Rifle.

Now my conundrum... Do I buy ANOTHER AK for Standard Rifle or do I just use my current one in Manual Rifle division and beat the living shit out of all those bolt action shooters?

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Just wondering, should there then be a quality problem, how long for it to be corrected? I would presume as long as they like?

No, sorry sir, there was a quality issue. So your license is approved, but for it to be corrected, mmmm I an not sure. Maybe call again in 3 months. Ok, good bye.

if i recall correctly, the court ordered that SAPS CFR complete a new license application process within 90 days, they do not have the authority to extend it themselves, it would be in breech of a court order.

so far as i read the 90 days should have been consecutive days, read 3 months, but SAPS view it as 90 working days, which is 4 months + depending on public holidays and so on. Maybe someone with more savvy could clear this up, i have had three licenses recently go past 90 Working days and one almost got to 120 something working days before they pushed it through.

User

They must clear this thing up. 90 days they relate to 90 working days which is exactly 4 months. This exactly what i was told when i called CFR in Jan 2020

User

Spoke to my DFO about this yesterday. It is still 90 working days. It starts from the day that your DFO logs your application on the system. The station/DFO is allowed up to 30 working days to process it before they have to send it to CFR. He said he usually sends the applications in less than a week but they are allowed that time. But then there are also the issues with CFR. He showed me one application that is at about 145 working days. Even with him contacting CFR directly he hasn't been able to get them to finalise the application

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast