Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Class action law suit : Private Citizens vs. SAPS discussions.

I cant access this link. My password is asked I enter it and it just keeps asking for password. HELP

User

Hi Guys,

Sorry to only come back to you now.

A couple of things regarding the Class Action site:
    • Though the name says GunSite Initiative, it is not integrated with GunSite forum's user database
    • You are required to re-register on the Class Action site, as some additional information is required.
    • Any information you supply on the site will SOLELY be used for the Class Action. It will not be given out to any other party.

Please note that I've imported the list of people we had on file, and an automated e-mail was mailed, containing a user name and password.

If you have any issues, let me know

T

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbuss View Post
    Been there, done that, where do I buy the T-shirt?
    Maybe we should get some

User

Thanks for the hard (and quick!) work T!!!

[b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Any News on this guys?
    What was discussed with the legal advisers during the last meeting ?

User

Hi,have we got any feed back. I there any interst towards this cause? How far are the proceedings? No news for at least two monts. Is the project on hold?

I know there were a couple of questions about the class action and we have been quiet due to personal obligations. We did do some work in the background.
    If you take the last couple of months we did see some improvements at CFR. People are getting their licenses quicker and things are improving. There was also a meeting held that sounded promising yet again.

Where does this leave us the normal man on the street, us on GunSite and the Class Action law Suit?

I would just like to highlight a couple of point and ask a couple of questions:

1) Although things have changed it is still not at a satisfactory level. There are still people without licenses, waiting for years and that are still frustrated by the licensing process.
    2) Where is the white paper from SAPS informing us how to apply for a license and will this white paper ever be a reality?
    3) Isn’t this just another empty promise?
    4) What will happen when the minister backs off now that the backlog is cleared? Will there be another backlog in two, three years time?
    5) What will happen when people reapply for licenses a couple of years down the line?
    6) Will this fiasco not repeat itself in a couple of years?

If we look at the above questions we are defiantly not in the clear. The backlog is gone, well done SAPS, we appreciate the hard work but can you sustain this? Without a clear white paper and transparency from SAPS we might be heading for trouble yet again.

This is why the class action is still ongoing. We are setting up an action plan with achievable goals that we want to represent to the lawyers in two weeks time. This action plan we will distribute in the mailing list once it is completed so check your mail boxes please.

There will also be a podcast going out done by Cammo interviewing JS4 about the class action. Later on we will do a more in detail podcast with JS4, Paul and me.

The Class Action is still alive and kicking!!! Watch this space!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy;#17
    Thanks for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by JS4;#16
    Watch this space
    Quote Originally Posted by kalomin; #15
    is this project on hold
    Ditto all the above, five months later. WADR.
    Best SD weapon ever? The one on you when the SHTF.

User

Nice one guys thanks

Fellow gun enthusiasts

Apologies for taking so long to respond and give you feedback. Unfortunately some of our team members had some changes in their personal lives and this put things on hold.

The time has come to make a decision about the class action law suit. We need feedback urgently saying: “Yes” I’m in or “No” I’m not in. We have started this whole process and it is time to get the things back on track. The amount of people we have will also determine if we can continue with this noble cause or abort it. Unfortunately things like this cost money and we need numbers if we want to succeed. We need feedback to this mail address from you saying “Yes” or “No” and if you have a long outstanding license application in the system or not. Let’s make it licenses or competencies 6 months and older in the system.

Just remember one thing before you make your decision. I know a lot of people have received their licenses already and the back log is cleared. There will be a time in the future that you are going to license or relicense again. This court ruling if in our favour can still help you in the future.
    I’m going to put a time limit on this. Lets say Friday the 4th of May. I need all the feedback by then. I will consolidate the data and let all the members know what is the outcome of the data recieved.

So please try and advertise this again if you can. I will see if it is possible if we can distribute some flyers at Huntex to do some extra advertising.
    To recap: Send “Yes” (I’m in) or “NO” (I’m not in) and I have a license or licenses in the system older than 6 months.

Please send an email to: cfrchallenge@gmail.com

Hope this is clear to everyone.

Regards

The Team
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast