Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Your CCW

Default Re: Your CCW

hi guys, im currently saving up to buy my first firearm, I want to make sure I have all the money before I start the process.

I was wondering, do you guys seriously carry everyday and everywhere? isn't it like having a dumbbell attached to your belt?

I'll be the first to answer.

Yes.

BigT will say he doesn't like carrying a gun. He likes being killed even less so he carries.

Basically everyone's sentiment here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by john marston View Post
    I was wondering, do you guys seriously carry everyday and everywhere? isn't it like having a dumbbell attached to your belt?
    Yes. No it isn't.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

hi guys, im currently saving up to buy my first firearm, I want to make sure I have all the money before I start the process.

Yes, every day carry (EDC) means exactly that - everyday. The exceptions are when I'm abroad and when I visit a client with metal detectors (for that I have a vehicle safe).

With a proper holster and a good belt the weight isn't a problem. The belt part is more important than you think, a well designed gun belt spreads the weight better and doesn't flop out. Having a modern polymer framed firearm obviously helps, please ignore those stuck in the 80s with their "real steel" advocacy, we've moved on.

Carrying is initially uncomfortable (and your gun feels as conspicuous as a bright red pimple on a teenager's face) bu that passes with time. Most people who EDC actually feel UNcomfortable if they're without their firearm.

Don't "save all your money until you have enough", start with the process now. Go do your competency tests and apply for your competency certificate NOW. It will save lots and lots of time when you finally buy your firearm. Also, buy your firearm as soon as possible. Not only is it most likely cheaper now than in 6 months' time, during your anxious wait for the licensing to complete you have plenty of time to buy holsters, mag pouches and all sorts of other gear. There's also the "I seem to always spend the saved money before I have enough" symptom that may trouble you unless you have incredible control over your spending money!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    Yes, every day carry (EDC) means exactly that - everyday. The exceptions are when I'm abroad and when I visit a client with metal detectors (for that I have a vehicle safe).

With a proper holster and a good belt the weight isn't a problem. The belt part is more important than you think, a well designed gun belt spreads the weight better and doesn't flop out. Having a modern polymer framed firearm obviously helps, please ignore those stuck in the 80s with their "real steel" advocacy, we've moved on.

Carrying is initially uncomfortable (and your gun feels as conspicuous as a bright red pimple on a teenager's face) bu that passes with time. Most people who EDC actually feel UNcomfortable if they're without their firearm.

Don't "save all your money until you have enough", start with the process now. Go do your competency tests and apply for your competency certificate NOW. It will save lots and lots of time when you finally buy your firearm. Also, buy your firearm as soon as possible. Not only is it most likely cheaper now than in 6 months' time, during your anxious wait for the licensing to complete you have plenty of time to buy holsters, mag pouches and all sorts of other gear. There's also the "I seem to always spend the saved money before I have enough" symptom that may trouble you unless you have incredible control over your spending money!
    thank you for the advice, ill do just that, im thinking of a CZ 75 gen2 or a glock 19, both feel equally good in my hand.

is the size of the firearm an issue for you? and is your wardrobe tailored around your firearm?

User

thank you for the advice, ill do just that, im thinking of a CZ 75 gen2 or a glock 19, both feel equally good in my hand.

is the size of the firearm an issue for you? and is your wardrobe tailored around your firearm?
    There are a lot of threads revolving around this. Feel in hand is irrelevant unless it's boobs.

If the on forum search doesn't work so lekker, use google, prefixed with site:www.gunsite.co.za

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post

This is very well written and should be required reading.

My own 2c, having a firearm when you need it is more important than not having the weight on your belt.

Eventually you get used to it. With a good belt and a good holster you can be remarkably comfortable carrying a firearm. I carry a customised Glock 17 with a light attached to it. Sometimes I have to check to make sure it is on my hip still, even though I know it is.

EDC is literally that. Every Day Carry. Even if you are just popping down to the shops or spending the day in the garden or on the couch in front of the TV. The criminals you may need to defend yourself from are more than capable of entering the house at any time, regardless of you being home or not. Just the other day my inlaws were held up at gunpoint in their "security complex", in the middle of the day.

User

I carried as firearm basically every day since 1984 due to my profession.
    I resigned 5 months ago and is currently waiting for my license application to be approved.
    These past 5 months have been the longest months in my entire life.
    I have never felt so vulnerable in all my life, and this might sound weird but I catch myself regularly feeling for the firearm on my right hip which is no longer there.

User

When i take a dump, my companion looks up at me from the floor between my legs, begging me to hold it like a lost kitten finding its mother cat again.

In the shower, my companion is on the other side of the shower door, pressed against the glass looking at me with big puppy dog eyes waiting for us to reunite, like lovers running through a meadow.

When i sleep, i tuck my companion in, snug and warm surrounded by love and affection. I give it 'last touch' prior us both drifting to dream land together.

When we wake, we wake together, like that Aerosmith song, 'I dont wana miss a thing'; and then it happens, i slide my companion into my pants and thats where it stays, warm and safe, like a baby Joey kangaroo.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    When i take a dump, my companion looks up at me from the floor between my legs, begging me to hold it like a lost kitten finding its mother cat again.

In the shower, my companion is on the other side of the shower door, pressed against the glass looking at me with big puppy dog eyes waiting for us to reunite, like lovers running through a meadow.

When i sleep, i tuck my companion in, snug and warm surrounded by love and affection. I give it 'last touch' prior us both drifting to dream land together.

When we wake, we wake together, like that Aerosmith song, 'I dont wana miss a thing'; and then it happens, i slide my companion into my pants and thats where it stays, warm and safe, like a baby Joey kangaroo.
    Lagging at this, made my morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast