Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Stefan Albert knives

hello all

My name is Stefan Albert, I am 43 years old and I live in a small Slovakian town called Filakovo .
    I have always been amazed with the miracles of nature and animal world. Unfortunately I couldn’t continue my studies as a graphic or engraver, but I have never given up my dreams. I started engraving 10 or 11 years ago.
    At an early stage I was getting acquainted with wood and bone, then I continued with making knives for friends. I have gradually grown to acquire different technologies and met wonderful people who introduced me willingly the hard but yet amazing world of steel, giving me useful advice. At first I must mention one of the leading masters of knifemaking in the world.
    I have attended different exhibitions where I could meet new frienships and new experiences. I practised on my own, my successes and failurs led me to see into new dimensions of my work. I have always been allured by new technologies, so I started to deal with scrimshaw and bulino. I gradually created my own style what I tend to develope and improve.
    I am trying to follow the path I fancied for myself however it can be thorny, there are wondreful people standing by me – especially my family: my wife Veronika and my son Dávid. They are the ones who can first see my works, and thus they critisise them as first. I will be totally satisfied if they can be proud of my work, as they are the ones who can see not only the ready product but the long process of the work lasting even months,too.
    I use various materials for my knives: steels 440 C, ATS-34, RWL, Damasteel and different damasts. The handle material also can be any wood or bone, gems or semi-precious stones. However my favourite materials are those who I can scrimshaw, like tusk of mamut or elephant, horn of buffalos, or even tusk of morse, wart-hog, and occasionally tooth of hippopotamus.
    I also find a lot of pleasure in making miniature knives. As I cannot stop drawing and I like challenges, I prefer portraits the most, making them usually with scrimshaw.
    I try to make everything on my own but my most beloved technologies are the deep engraving and the coloured negative scrimshaw. My knives can be found in several countries of the world: Slovakia, Czek Republic, Hungary, Germany, South-Africa , Sweden, Canada. I have managet to get to important exhibitions, but I aim to attend an exhibition in the U.S. and to try myself there.

fait.jpg

Thank s

Stefan

Default Re: Stefan Albert knives

Wow! That is quite a work of art you have made there Stefan~!

User

Hello

Thank You very much.

Stefan

User

Well craftmanship that is for sure, i take it many hours went into the kmife.Well done.

User

Thx I am so glad to like it my work . That piece cca 300 hours

User

Art knife ,,Diva ,,
    Elephant iwory /cites/,guard stanless steel ,blade damasteel /60 HRC/art skin case .

User

That is really exceptional Stefan!

User

Thank you ,i am glad to like it .This piece did not prepare for an order ,but more obtained an international prize ./Best Art knife,Best in Knife Show/
    Guard is decorated 24 KA,18 KA,14 KA gold and engraving combination.

User

Cone integral Art Knife ,, APOCALIPS,,

That is totall Art knife ,i am maked 600 hours.

that is integral knife mat -RWL-34 /61 HRC/and elephant tusk .4x Winner /Best in the Show,Best ARt Knife,Best in the Show,Winner categori Art knife ..

User

I was just browsing your website and you really are very good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast