Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Filling out SAPS 271

Hi All, i have had a look but cant find anything, are their any guidelines to completing the SAPS 271?

Default Re: Filling out SAPS 271

Black Pen Only

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Black Pen Only
    We all know that...........

User

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    We all know that...........
    Oh you'd be surprised... A while back I went to hand in an app, the DFO was fuming! Just before I came in, someone handed in an app, filled using a blue pen. When she told him that she cannot accept it, he threw a massive tantrum, made a comment about the new South Africa, swore in Afrikaans and stormed out. So no, apparently not everyone knows...

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

User

Saps website
    Services/flash/firearms/forms
    There are pdf instructions there

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

User

And also, your reply was uncalled for... You asked advice on "how to", was given some and then sneered at the reply.

Maybe you should state what you do know and members can (if they still feel like it after your reply) fill in the gaps for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    And also, your reply was uncalled for... You asked advice on "how to", was given some and then sneered at the reply.

Maybe you should state what you do know and members can (if they still feel like it after your reply) fill in the gaps for you.

Yes you are right, apologies......was uncalled for!

User

It takes a man on a horse to admit he was wrong and to apologize... Good on you...

User

Don't bind your app, number your pagers (for example 1/30, 2/30 etc), make sure you sign everything, even your motivation. Add a weapon endorsement, add photos or your safe, remember your ID, 2 colour photos, your competency(ies), DHS/DSS if applicable, add proof of participation and make a full set of copies of your app just in case... And lastly, be extra nice to the DFO, take some biltong or cold drink... It's not a bribe, it just shows you appreciate them. I always make a point of making small talk like "how are you today?" etc... Our DFO is extremely friendly towards me because I genuinely take an interest.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Don't bind your app, number your pagers (for example 1/30, 2/30 etc), make sure you sign everything, even your motivation. Add a weapon endorsement, add photos or your safe, remember your ID, 2 colour photos, your competency(ies), DHS/DSS if applicable, add proof of participation and make a full set of copies of your app just in case... And lastly, be extra nice to the DFO, take some biltong or cold drink... It's not a bribe, it just shows you appreciate them. I always make a point of making small talk like "how are you today?" etc... Our DFO is extremely friendly towards me because I genuinely take an interest.

Many thanks,good advice

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast