Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Re-licensing? AVOID THIS TRAP!!!

Applied for my first renewal on Tuesday (2017-05-30). Got the SMS immediately, but the wait begins.

User

Quote Originally Posted by IlmG View Post
    Here is the link to get all the forms.

http://www.saps.gov.za/services/flas...s/formseng.php

Make sure you renew 90 BEFORE your license and competence expires.

Competence expires every 5 years.

Self-Defense license expires ever 5 years.

1. Four unobscured passport size colour photographs, not older than three months (two photographs for the firearm licence and two for the application for a competence certificate).
    2. Copy of official identity document x4 (two for the firearm licence and two for the application for a competence certificate).
    3. Copy of original firearm licence, for renewal x2
    4. Copy of training certificate obtained from an accredited training provider
    5. Copy of competency certificate Cxxxxxx.
    6. Application for a competence certificate - SAPS 517(g)
    7. Application for renewal of licence - SAPS 518(a)
    8. Annexure of firearm licence – SAPS 21
    9. Questionaire for references (Spouse) – SAPS 86
    10. Questionaire for references (Friend) – SAPS 86
    11. Motivation for renewal document.
    12. Firearm Safe document.
    13. Additional supporting documentation.
    14. Proof of payment R70-00 x 2 = R140-00 (R70-00 for the firearm licence and R70-00 for the application for a competence certificate).

The above list is what I used and my DFO was happy.

Be careful of the YES/NO questions in Annexure of firearm licence – SAPS 21 they very tricky, and in fact don't make sense.
    But anyway.
    Oh my word, is this still the "accepted" info on renewing a SD license? This looks and sounds so complicated :(

User

Even SAPS are not consistent in what is required. I renewed my SD licence in August and it has been approved. I submitted a motivation, one testimonial, my existing competency certificate and the SAPS forms required (excluding competency renewal). My DFO said that competency does not have to be renewed as it was still valid until my existing licence expired in January 2018. As long as the licence is renewed before that date, the competency remains valid as the FCA says the competency certificate remains valid for as long as the licence is valid.

Then my son renews his licence in Cape Town and is required to submit at least three testimonials, renewal forms for both licence & competency together with full motivations, new safe inspection done etc, (the whole nine yards).

So best is let your DFO tell you what they want at that station & go with it.

User

Hi all

My husband didn't attach a motivation. He just completed the form, handed it in and received his new license 2 weeks later, this was for his CZ 7.65 hand gun a few months ago.
    He also didnt even do a lot of effort completing the form, some of it i remember was:
    -same gun
    -same circumstances
    -same safe

I actually doubted weather he would receive a renewal being so abrubt but he did.

User

Hi There, Toxxyc. I Just joined the forum, i had applied for my ML competency Nov 2017, 13 March 2018 i got sms, the comp. was approved, Yesterday 10 May 2018, i got phone call my card is ready to collect. I have the email and contact details to the head honcho's at CFR, maybe it was me "bugging"them into getting my stuff done and dusted??
    I can forward them to you if you wish...

Ter.

User

[QUOTE=Ter;1254489]Hi There, Toxxyc. I Just joined the forum, i had applied for my ML competency Nov 2017, 13 March 2018 i got sms, the comp. was approved, Yesterday 10 May 2018, i got phone call my card is ready to collect. I have the email and contact details to the head honcho's at CFR, maybe it was me "bugging"them into getting my stuff done and dusted??
    I can forward them to you if you wish...

Please send contact and number of d CFR so I can push them for my Tisa's Zigana m16

User

Hi please assist with the CFR number and email so I can push them, for my Tisus Zigana m16

User

Their number is 0123536111. Best to phone after 8pm.
    When phoning, the voice guide will give you the email address, select option 2 and your call will be transfered to the operator.

So what must a person do when the renewal is taking longer than 90 days?

Will the firearm now become illegal because of their slow process and should it be handed in at a gun shop or given to SAPS?

User

Nope. If you applied, the current licence remains valid until the decision is made, as I understand it. Same as your driver's licence.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast