User

Default Peltor Shotgunner or better

Hi all,

Wondering if any of you know where to get Peltor Shotgunners or electronic muffs and approx. prices.
    Really set on Peltor, been using my Shotgunners for over 5 years and they rock, so need a pair for my Mrs.

Thanks
    B.

Default Re: Peltor Shotgunner or better

I bought a Peltor Shotgunner from Safari and Outdoor Pretoria 2 weeks ago for R260, if I am not mistaken. I really liked the slim design and the soft headband.

They are difficult to find in the store, as not all the earmuffs are in the same place. If you go downstairs, at the knife corner, they will be there!

As far as earmuffs go, are they good? I have shot my pistol with them on at an indoor shooting range, and I find that my eyes involuntary close when the shot goes off, no matter how much I concentrate on keeping them open. And believe me, I really put effort into keeping them open!

I am going to fit normal ear plugs as well as the Peltor's next time, to see if this makes a difference.

User

They got them Shotgunners at Centurioin Indoor too. Piucked mine up there about a year ago for R400-. I agree, they are very nice. I just find them slightly uncomfortable on the warmer days. I still use them regularly though. Excellent muffs.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    As far as earmuffs go, are they good? I have shot my pistol with them on at an indoor shooting range, and I find that my eyes involuntary close when the shot goes off, no matter how much I concentrate on keeping them open. And believe me, I really put effort into keeping them open!
    I id some IPSC training with one of the better shots at our club. He noticed I was doing the same. Started using plugs aswell, but to stop the habit every week before I started shooting he got me to shoot 20 rounds at a berm, no real aiming. It had to be done as fast as possible with me concentrating on forcing my eyes open. It wasn't long before I was following the dot on my C-More through the recoil!

User

Thanks Guys.
    Going past Safari & Outdoor today to pick an additional pair.

I've been using mine for years now with no issues. They're definately faaaar better than the spare Smart Reloader POS I have in my range bag.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I bought a Peltor Shotgunner from Safari and Outdoor Pretoria 2 weeks ago for R260, if I am not mistaken. I really liked the slim design and the soft headband.

They are difficult to find in the store, as not all the earmuffs are in the same place. If you go downstairs, at the knife corner, they will be there!

I am going to fit normal ear plugs as well as the Peltor's next time, to see if this makes a difference.
    Thanks Lads. Got my second pair from Safari & Outdoor this afternoon, R250 for the pair.

User

Are those the little grey electronic muffs?
    If so, I had some issues with them.
    When using with rifles, they didn't filter the noise quick enough and I experienced "clipping", a short,sharp sound to the ears, which became rather uncomfortable on the ears after a while.
    Secondly my set did not have the auto shut off system, and many times I had to replace the batteries when I next wanted to use them, because I forgot to switch them off. This becomes a PIA.
    My new Peltors are digital with a much better filtering and noise reduction system and will auto switch off after a period of inactivity. They can also intensify the ambient sound around you i you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST View Post
    Are those the little grey electronic muffs?
    Not electronic, no. Just ordinary "filter out everything" earmuffs.