Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Bullet-Proof Vests for everyday wear

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    ..the vest you are wearing is a thousand times better than the one in the car boot that has better protection but is too much of a PITA to use on a regular basis.
    Amen!

User

I have the Level II "Undercover" vest from Ballistic Body Armour. I used to wear it under my uniform in certain situations. Not the most comfortable thing you'll ever wear and it does tend to ride up against your gun. However its a lot more comfy than the bulky level III vests

User

Thanks for the advice people.I will enquire about a Level ii vest and go for a fitting to determine the comfort and concealability factors.

Yeah Level 2 sounds like the right one. Now which oof the conceal seres would you for? I saw there are 3 dif models

User

We have a farm that is quite isolated, and in recent months the farming community have started a security network: if there is an attack, help is radioed for and everyone responds. Now if I'm there, and I have to set up a road block...a landrover is not very bullet proof. Do you reccomend any form of kevlar armour plus ceramic plates like global armour provide? Guys have been attacked with high calibre ammo before, not just 9mm ball.

User

Id rather have it and not need it than the other way around.
    Plus a modular or molle vest can make for a neat place to keep extra mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    We have a farm that is quite isolated, and in recent months the farming community have started a security network: if there is an attack, help is radioed for and everyone responds. Now if I'm there, and I have to set up a road block...a landrover is not very bullet proof. Do you reccomend any form of kevlar armour plus ceramic plates like global armour provide? Guys have been attacked with high calibre ammo before, not just 9mm ball.
    Good armor is expensive, and rifle plates ain't cheap either, and they get hot and heavy. The bulk is something that must be trained with if you plan on being able to be effective while wearing it.

I'd contact Tuffle-Hund on the forum and see what he recommends. There are several solutions, from an all in one carrier you can throw on to combinations of vests, chest carriers, pouches, etc...plates are a good idea but they really work better if they are not an afterthought to the rest of your system.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    IPS-if you get sorted with a vest and would like to juice it up,I have 2 brand new plates for sale.I think the level is 3?Will stop rifle round.

cheers

User

Thanks ikor, I'll drop TH a private message and see what he recommends.

Dunn, I'll stay in touch and let you know what the outcome is, thanks for the offer!

User

There are so many jackets
    IC security make their own patented b/ proof jacket ,looks good, what to choose?
    More or less same scenario as pagan scum
    got to try and keep it simple, when you wake up in middle of night
    I would prefer to grab my belt already rigged with pistol and mags,
    bullet proof jacket with mag pouches, LM and move

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast