Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Shoulder Holsters

What do u guys think if shoulder holsters. I'm looking for a decent shoulder holster.
    Found this on the net, any thoughts? This is a safariland Model 1090 "Gun Quick" Shoulder Holster
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Shoulder Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Anwar
    What do u guys think if shoulder holsters. I'm looking for a decent shoulder holster.
    Found this on the net, any thoughts? This is a safariland Model 1090 "Gun Quick" Shoulder Holster
    Generally not a big fan except perhaps for large revolvers carried openly when hunting...why a shoulder holster?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Cant say I like them. They are for people more into bondage than me. I find them really uncomfortable and all my training has programmed me to reach for a pistol on my right hip.

It's more because of the way that I choose to clothe my body..................
    I dress in the traditional Islamic clothing and carrying on the hip poses a big problem when it comes to quick access. My concealment is excellent................. so much so that I need to press the pause button to access my firearm.
    Any suggestions on holsters?

User

Sorry mate I dress more in the traditional yob way ;D so would not be qualified to advise. But wouldn't access under the armpit be more problematic?

I don't know, haven't had experience. I did own a shoulder holster once, it was a cheapy and very uncomfortable so I never used it.
    My buddy uses a Jackass holster, doesn't seem too bad.
    Ive been carrying on the hip for many years and find this very comfortable, but like I said............speedy access is a problem.
    Maybe I can modify my clothes a bit to get better access and then just practice,practice and more practice.

User

As i said no experience but I would imagine getting a longer clothing item up to armpit level would be much slower than belt level.

Interesting situation. Old timers' trick was to sew a few Buckshot or maybe small lead fishing sinkers into the edge of a jacket or coat on the gun side to add a little weight in the right place so that it would 'hang' for a moment if they did a sidestep during a draw. But in your case you may actually do well with a shoulder holster. Problem is they they are very 'individual' and it can cost a lot of money to find the perfect high quality rig for you.

Can you sweet talk your buddy out of his Jackass rig for a few days?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

You know, I was carrying on the hip for many years and never gave it a day's thought. Ever since joining gunsite, I look at everything different. It's amazing how complacent we get in our comfort zones. I ve always been serious about guns and security, at least that's what I thought. Now I look and se so much security loop holes..............damn this s$&t is scary! You can say I've gone for my dose of Reality.
    I do think a shoulder rig would be good for travelling, though the seatbelt might be a problem. But guess what, a problem is a solution waiting to be discovered.

User

Keep us posted on your progress man.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast